Vol 2 Chap 46 - So that explains why you look stupid

XH 46

Even if the 3rd prince had told her that Da Bei would be guarding her secretly, Xiao Hua was still scared. It was not the 8th prince that she was scared of.

To be specific, it was Eunuch Heng that she's afraid of.

Every time the stalker- coughs – the 8th prince tags along with Long Lian to the 3rd prince's residence, Eunuch Heng was always beside the 8th prince, guarding him against any possible danger. There was a time that Long Lian, who had done her best to shake off her stalker- cough- adorable little brother, and secretly brought Xiao Hua to look at horses.

The 8th prince still managed to find them and had run towards Long Lian without looking at his surroundings, hence he did not notice a wild horse that had was frightened at the 8th prince's loud call of 'sister'. Eunuch Heng, without batting an eye, had killed the horse with a single palm before the horse could run over the 8th prince.

Since then, Xiao Hua started to examine Eunuch Heng in a new light. For such a young Eunuch to be the 8th prince's personal eunuch, he must be very capable in both knowledge and cultivation. She had estimated Eunuch Heng to be the same age as Tian Chi or Tian Zi, judging from his tender face and had subconsciously viewed him as unthreatening.

Eunuch Heng gave off a soft temperament instead of those seasoned eunuchs that seem to radiate an intimidating aura. Even Eunuch Lau Liu, whom always has a warm smile on his face, could not completely hide his intimidating aura that was gained from experience and age.

Xiao Hua had asked Long Lian about cultivation and found out it has ten main ranks, each rank with ten stages. Long Lian was in the second rank, the eighth rank, and could not be considered as impressive for a fifteen-year-old.

The author had not even mentioned about cultivation much in the novel and focused all on romance, face slapping and the impressive shoe licking descriptions of the golden couple.

"Eighth prince, have you eaten breakfast yet? Tian Zi and Tian Chi will have the kitchen to prepare them for you."

"I want sweets!" The 8th prince immediately demanded.

"Sister Tian Zi, please allow me to supervise the cooking," Eunuch Heng requested with a sheepish smile. "His Highness had not had his morning meal yet."

Good idea! With this, Eunuch Heng will be out of the way!

"Eighth prince, please have some tea before the food arrives," Tian Zi said.

"It's okay! Xiao Hua is here to play with me!"

Hmm? How strange. The 8th prince seems to have spoken the truth of wanting to play with her.

Xiao Hua's guard unconsciously rose. Tian Zi and Tian Chi glanced at Elder Sister Hua worriedly but the younger maid just smiled and gave them a brief nod. "Xiao Hua will be here to accompany the Eighth prince. Sisters do not need to worry."

The three servants quickly headed towards the kitchen, each group with a different purpose of hastening their pace. Eunuch Heng was worried to leave the 8th prince alone but he also worried about how the food. Tian Zi and Tian Chi were worried about leaving Xiao Hua alone with the 8th prince and decided to quickly prepare the meal and hurried back!

Xiao Hua suddenly found herself to be in a dilemma. How was she going to sound out the 8th prince without him suspecting anything? She does not have a great idea on how to do it.

Le XiaoTing had never acted as a spy before, unless if she counted that one time where her friend wanted Le XiaoTing to help find out if the guy she had a crush on likes her or not. Sadly, that guy wrongly assumed that Le XiaoTing tried to tell him she's interested in him instead.