Chapter 14

Jungkook

Jungkook was nervous.

But as nervous as he was his uneasiness couldn't compare to Taehyung's who was currently trembling and on the verge of tears.

"What if she figures it out? What if because of me the kids get into more trouble? What if everything fails??" Taehyung choked out.

Jungkook just tightened his hold on the elder, rubbing soothing circles on his back as the two made their way to the kids in a new black car with tinted windows and covered plate that Jungkook bought just for this occasion.

"Hyung, hyung, look at me."

When Taehyung looked up from his position on Jungkook's chest with teary eyes, Jungkook held his breath for a few seconds at how beautiful his Hyung was before coming back to his senses.

"Hyung, we have taken all precautions for everything. Namjoon-Hyung even took in account of what'd we do if a vampire suddenly came out of thin air and began attacking us. He's paranoid, I'm telling you."

"Is that what this cross necklace is for?" Taehyung giggled.

Jungkook grinned back, pleased at himself for succeeding in making Taehyung laugh.

"Yeah, and even if something unexpected happens, what I can promise is that I won't leave you alone, okay angel?" Jungkook added sweetly, caressing Taehyung's hair and pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"O-Okay J-Jungkook-ah."

"Now, let's go get the kids."

Jungkook watched with awe as Taehyung's expression changed instantly, from nervousness to determination. He thought back to Jimin-Hyung's warning before they left.

"Jungkook, I told Taehyung to channel his anger when he wanted to be strong. I just wanted to warn you that angry  or focused Taehyung might come as a shock to you. He tends to be a total different person who sometimes can't really control things like how he destroyed his statue a year ago and slept out in the snow, so you'll need to watch out for him."

Taehyung

Taehyung thought back to the small advice Jimin gave the two before they left. 

"Taehyung, sometimes when you want to be strong, it's okay to channel your anger."

So he began to sit in the silence, thinking as Jin-Hyung drove them closer and closer to their final destination. He distantly could tell that Jungkook was staring at him, probably worried, but after a while all his thoughts blurred into one: he would show that woman who she was dealing with. 

When the car finally stopped it was late at night, they had finally arrived in Daegu. MinWoo, the oldest of the four, Taehyung's cousin and 15 years old was probably finished with his part time job and on his way to pick up the other kids from school. Kim JeNa couldn't bear to see the kids faces most of the day so while MinWoo was away at his part-time job, the rest of the kids usually stayed at school, according to the secret messages MinWoo had been consistently sending them since a week ago. 

Everything was planned perfectly. Taehyung was able to reach out to MinWoo a week ago when Namjoon-Hyung succeeded in hacking into the chicken shop he worked part-time at. So Taehyung called the shop, roughly 30 times until finally MinWoo was the one to pick up, and told him what to do: write on a sheet of paper all the information he could think of and show it to the security camera whenever he was the last one there and no one was around in the shop that Namjoon-Hyung hacked into. It would have been easier to say the information through call, but the only time MinWoo had access to the  chicken shop's phone was during the day after school, and he wouldn't be able to work and transfer information to them at the same time.