Chapter 9

Maisie

After my tour, I ate my lunch and went to the bedroom. I was tired, so I decided to take a nap. Soon I doze off.
I woke up with a hand slightly brushing my hair. I opened my eyes to find Lucifer, staring down at me with unreadable emotion. I sat up while rubbing the extra sleep from my eyes.
"When did you came back?" I asked.
"When you were busy taking your beauty sleep" he said while smirking. I blushed hard. He got up from the bed and picked me up bridal style. I shrieked "wh-what are you doing?".
"Taking my wife for dinner" he replied casually and here I was worried about my weight as I was not one of those slim fit models.
"What are you thinking?" He asked me while moving downstairs.
I was about to say nothing, when I remembered him saying not to lie to him ever. So, I decided to go with the truth. "I....I was worried about my weight. Am I heavy too much? You can put me down" I said in a low voice.
As a reply, he only frowned at me. "Who said you are heavy? Rather, I think you should gain more weight". My eyes went wide hearing this because I was more than confuse.
Soon we reached the dining hall.  He placed me down and I served our plates. When I went to sit on the chair next to him, he pulled and placed me on his lap, as a result, I blushed hard. We ate our dinner in silence.
After our dinner, Lucifer grabbed my hand and began pulling me back to our room. Once in, he asked me to change in night clothes. I changed into my pajamas. As I remembered Lucifer telling about discussing something, I put on a Cardigan.
I came out of the walk in wardrobe. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I was more than surprised to see this walk in wardrobe in morning because I have had never seen one before.

God. This man is filthy rich.

I found Lucifer already sitting on the bed. Still dressed in his dress shirt. I went near him and sat on the bed with crossed legs. I waited for him to say something. He looked up at me and asked "Do you know, what I do for a living?". Now I was embarrassed. For a wife, not to know her husband's occupation, is a really shameful thing.
I shake my head slowly. I looked down due to embarrassment.
"Although I own the biggest international company, I'm also the King of underworld. I'm King of all mafias" he said in a calm voice.
I looked up at him quickly as soon as I can, to find out if he is joking. When I looked him in his eyes, I found seriousness. I was shocked,
Surprised but mostly terrified. He then explained some more things to me. Then he went to change. As soon as he went, I laid back and start my mind processing the recent data.
Am I the wife of world's biggest billionaire and the King of underworld?? Is he joking with me? Is this is a kind of prank?
Then everything seems to make sense.
Aunt Mary's fear towards him. Her calling him the most dangerous man. Her respect towards him. This big mansion. His dangerous aura. Him being called a devil. His Warning for Mr and Mrs Hall.
Suddenly I felt a urge to ask him about Mr and Mrs Hall but I suppressed it. I heard the door click open. So I faced my back to his side. With the given information, I wasn't ready to face him. He came under the covers quietly and wrapped his hand around my waist. He kissed the side of my head."Good night, wife" He whispered huskily.
Soon enough, I doze off again but this time, I was in the arms of the devil.