15: Flirt

Sen Shuai was so close, Sen Jia thought he could hear the man's heart beating with a strong and fast rythm.

Sen Jia's lips tremble as he lifts his eyes to Sen Shuai's. The dark eyes held an unbridled heat that caused Sen Jia's breath to catch. He quickly retracts his gaze and turns his body to the side. It was as though that heated gaze surrounded him, enveloping him, closing off any escape. Sen Jia's mind was swimming. 

[Administrator, what's with you acting like a virginal maiden.] 

{Seventh, this man's intensity after so much indifference is too shocking. How can this wolf be my little Shuai, was he switched out for a duplicate? Was there something in the wine?}

Sen Jia gazes suspiciously at the wine jugs as if they were at fault.

[He's a villain. Being a wolf should be expected. The wine is not the reason.]

Sen Jia's view of Sen Shuai was rapidly crumbling.

Sen Jia has always found Sen Shuai to be pleasing to the eye and enjoyed his obedience. He even found it amusing trying to get a reaction from the cold man. But never considered being together with him.

This man in front of him is reacting strongly and is not being obedient at all. Yet has become even more pleasing in Sen Jia's eyes.

Sen Jia's head was lowered but he peeked back up at Sen Shuai with half-lidded eyes.

Sen Shuai is captivated by his charm, unable to turn his eyes to anywhere but Sen Jia. He saw the lips tremble and swallows repeatedly, his throat bobbing, his fingers gripping the air reflexively.

"Jia, I want to touch," he spoke in a low hoarse voice.

Sen Jia only blinks at him.

Considering this to be silent acceptance, the hand is caught up and caressed by Sen Shuai. He slowly stroked each finger, kneading the tender palm. He then kisses the tips of the slender fingers. 

Sen Jia gasps at the electrifying sensation.  

He grips Sen Shuai's hand, pulling him to sit on a low couch near the window. "Little Shuai, since when have you gained this interest in me?"

Sen Shuai pulls Sen Jia onto his lap, Jia's back to his chest. He gently runs the fingers of one hand through Jia's hair as his other hand settled around Jia's waist. He spoke in a low voice next to his ear.

"Since I woke from certain death to hear a celestial deity humming an unfamiliar tune that caused my soul to tremble."

Sen Jia felt his own soul tremble at the warm breath passing across his neck and the magnetic voice entering his ear.

"Since I was given a new name and a new life walking alongside a shameless fraud."

The hand around his waist moves to his hip then on to his thigh giving a squeeze. 

"Since viewing the moon and sharing snacks with a man I didn't worry would poison me. Since I shared a bed with a mischievous beauty."

Sen Jia blushed at the memory of groping the man in bed that first night.

"Since having my honor defended at a tea house by a man who doesn't even know any cultivation mumbo jumbo."

Sen Jia chuckles, remembering putting that cultivator brat in his place.

Sen Shuai ran his finger along the outer edge of Jia's ear from the bottom to the top tapping the jade loop that was identical to his own.  

"Since receiving matching jewelry from the beauty I've been longing for."

Sen Shuai lightly kisses the ear once then kisses down the slim neck. Sen Jia's spine tingles and he trembles involuntarily.

"So many ways you caught this man's attention, Jia."

Sen Jia realizes he'd been inadvertently flirting all along. Guess I'd better take responsibility.