20: Skipping Breakfast

Sen Shuai was undecided if he should tell Sen Jia about meeting Shi Tao.  

He really wanted to just run away with Sen Jia and never think about his past life again. Sen Jia was right about the sects causing unrest in the region if left unchecked, but what could the two of them do? Two men with no cultivation against two entire sects. 

He glanced at the beauty sleeping peacefully in his arms.

I know this shameless man who would dare to run a dyehouse after knowing the names of two colors, has no fear of some demonic path cultivators nor those righteous path sects. He doesn't think anything about meddling in their business.

His arms tightened and trembled slightly.

If they get ahold of him...he'll never be returned to me.

~~~

Sen Jia woke before Sen Shuai. Sen Shuai was up late so he was deeply asleep now. Sen Jia decided he'd be the one to get breakfast this time.

While he was out Shi Tao arrived at their rented courtyard, filling the room with a sleeping drug. He was disappointed to find Sen Shuai alone in the room. He really wanted to take that pretty man back and gain some merit from the Song Clan leader. Oh well, it's not important enough to look for him. Song Min (Shuai) is the one he was ordered to bring back.

Sen Shuai woke up feeling dazed, the world was oddly bright and blurry. He realized he was being carried on someone's back while moving at high speeds. He kept his calm and observed his abductor, quickly recognizing Shi Tao.

"Good morning Song Min, no need to pretend you aren't awake." He was surprised the drug had worn off so fast though. Even without cultivation, Song Min was still a monster. Good thing he was also tied up.

"What is the meaning of this Shi Tao? I said I won't return."

"Well, it's not really for you to decide is it?"

"...So father insisted?"

"We'll be there soon. Maybe you can convince him to release you." Shi Tao laughed cruelly at the idea.

{little Shuai? Where did you go?} Sen Jia had just returned to the empty room with breakfast.

Sen Shuai was immensely relieved to hear from Sen Jia. He must not have been taken if he was asking so casually like this. At least Sen Jia can be kept out of trouble.

(A walk.)

He could see Mount Taihang in the distance already. An unwelcome sight. It wouldn't be long till he returned to his home.

A/N The villain is now the damsel in distress. <('.'<)