-chapter twenty four-

kenzie's pov

I take a deep breath. "I do know one thing. You fulfill all of them."

I look down immediately, embarrassed at my confession. Johnny's fingers lift my chin and our eyes meet.

"Really?" He whispers, looking at me with those emerald eyes that hold so much love, "You do too. And you always have. And you always will."

A tear, one that I didn't even know had been forming in my eyes, slides down my cheek and Johnny wipes it away with his thumb.

"I'm sorry, Johnny. It was you all along. I should have-"

Johnny's hands slip down to the back of my neck, cutting me off suddenly. He pulls me towards him, and our lips meet. I relish the feeling that fills me down to my toes. He moves his lips slowly over mine, and I deepen the kiss, and-

"You can count on me like 1-2-3, and I'll be there..."

My phone goes off, singing my ringtone for Lauren, and we separate quickly.

"Geez," I mutter, struggling to get my phone out of my pocket, "This always happens."

"Hello?" I finally slide to accept Lauren's call.

"Hey, are you guys going to Marielle's?"

"Uh, yeah." I awkwardly look over and Johnny, and he chuckles.

"Well, hurry up, I'm getting hungry."

"Mhmm."

Lauren giggles. "You sound like you just kissed John."

"Wha-excuse m-me?" I stammer, blushing wildly.

She laughs. "It's ok. Just hurry up and get the pizza."

I hang up and look back at John. He's blushing, wearing a goofy smile on his face. "Let's go," he says, nodding towards the restaurant. "Otherwise, we're never gonna hear the end of it from Lauren."

I laugh and we go inside, Johnny's arm wrapped around my waist. I lean my head on his shoulder as we get in line to order.

"What should we get?" I ask Johnny, scanning the menu.

"I have a more important question for you," Johnny says, and I look up at him.

"Yeah?"

A smile spreads onto his lips. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He blushes, but keeps his eyes on mine. "We've had our moments and our fights, but I promise to cherish you, and give you the love you deserve. I'll never keep any secrets from you. I'll always love you."

"Of course." I pull him into a tight hug, grinning. "But seriously? Asking me in a restaurant line? You could have done better."

Johnny laughs, and I tilt my head up to kiss him on the cheek. "I'm kidding. Anyplace is special with you."

˚˚˚

"It's sad that I have to hear it from social media before I hear it from you guys," Lauren states, coming into the living room as Johnny sets the pizza down on the coffee table.

"Huh?" I blush, plopping down onto the couch. Lauren tosses me her phone.

It's a picture of Johnny and me standing in line at Marielle's, holding hands, captioned, "so i guess jenzie is real? lauren's brother and kenzie awh 😻"

"So is it?" Lauren looks hopefully at us, grinning.

"It's as real as my hunger right now." Johnny says, winking.

Lauren screams, and I can't help but laugh.

"Jenzie is finally real."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/N: wow. i can't believe i finally finished this book. thanks for sticking with me on this book bc i was so uncommitted lol. also, shoutout to Vito1111 and -flowerzieglando for spamming this story! ❤️