Chapter 35

I feel something poke my cheek and scrunch my face as I brush it away. I cuddle back into the pillow letting out a subtle sigh. I feel it again and open my eyes to see Clara looking at me with a wide grin.

"Morning sleepy head," she says letting out a small laugh. She sits up from the bed walking to the closet. I sit up stretching my arms above my head.

"Morning," I say looking at the clock on her nightstand. 10:30.

"Sleep well?" She asks picking clothes out of her closet and setting them on the bed.

"Yeah," I say getting up and grabbing clothes from my bag.

"I gotta go to the bathroom, I'll be right back," Clara says as she exits the room. I take that time to put my clothes and deodorant on. I brush my hair pulling it up into a messy bun.

I hear the door open moments later and Clara walks into the room.

"Alright, I'll be downstairs making breakfast. Are waffles okay?" She asks.

"Yeah, sounds great," I say. She nods before heading out the door and down the stairs. I head towards the bathroom and enter, shutting the door softly behind me. I use the restroom and wash my hands then brush my teeth. I exit the bathroom and head down the stair to the kitchen.

I see Clara mixing the batter and starts to get a cutting board out.

"Do you want some help?" I ask walking over to her side.

"Uh...if you want. Do you know how to use a knife?" She questions pulling out a knife from the drawer.

"Yeah," I answer. She nods her head, handing me the knife. She takes out strawberries and blueberries setting them next to me.

"You like strawberries and blueberries?" She questions as she puts the batter into the waffle maker.

"Yeah. Strawberries are my favorite," I say as I begin to slice them.

"Mine too," she says going to the fridge grabbing with whipped cream.

She takes out the first waffle setting it on a plate then puts more batter in. She pushes the plate over to me.

"You eat first, you're the guest, mine will be done in a sec," she says getting the syrup from a cabinet.

"Okay, thank you, Clara," I say grabbing the whipped cream putting some on. I sprinkle on some strawberries and blueberries topping it off with syrup. Just as I finish making mine she takes her's out placing it on the plate making hers like mine. We take a seat at the island digging into our food. This is good. I have never had waffles like this before.

"These are really good," I say digging in for more. She chuckles before nodding.

"Yes, I know, I'm the best," She says continuing to eat hers. We start to laugh together before eating again.

After we finished we cleaned up our mess before heading back up the stairs to her room. We enter flopping on her bed.

"So, how's it been with Xander? How did you guys get together?" she quickly asks with excitement. I stay silent for a moment and burst into laughter at her sudden burst of energy.

"What? I just want all the details!" She says.

"We went on a date and-"

"Where did he take you?" She interjects causing me to giggle at her.

"Sorry," she says. I wave her off.

"It's okay. He took me to this dinner and then took me to the arcade. It was really fun. I enjoyed the arcade a lot too,"