⠀⠀𝟬𝟱. ❛ SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒔𝒚𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒔𝒚𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍 ❜

chapter no. 005!

❝ THEY'RE WATCHING HER

❝ THEY'RE WATCHING HER. ❞
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗗 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗣𝗢𝗩     

     ONE OF THE MOST OVERWHELMING THINGS ABOUT THE OCEAN IS HOW DEEP IT TRULY IS. The absolute deepest point of any ocean is called the Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench. It's eleven thousand miles below sea level, which means that if one were to put Mt. Everest at the depth of the Challenger Deep, one would still have to swim at least a mile to get back to the surface of the world.

     So, when Spencer looked into her eyes, he couldn't help but feel as if he were trying to peer into the Challenger Deep; looking for anything that he could grasp onto. The deep blue of an ocean that stared back at him appeared almost dreamlike. It was as if the shade of blue was too beautiful to be real.

     Blinking at the sound of her voice, the brown-haired man furrowed his brows. "How do you know my name? There is no paperwork, digital trail, or record of my existence. Cara Valentine doesn't exist. So, how do you know who I am?" Her question was one he wasn't sure if he was supposed to answer and he felt his jaw slacken. That was all Cara needed. That one, tiny, change in his expression was enough.

     "What'd they get in exchange for selling you my name?" she asked simply, yet sharply; a sense of authority was laced in her tone and Spencer flinched, his eyes widening.