Chapter 7

Under the light of the morning sun, Catina stood in the garden tending the plants. Because she was previously upset, she had stopped visiting the garden, and in turn neglected the plants, causing a few of them to wither.

Of course, their family had their own personal gardener, but Catina had insisted on growing her own flowers, so during her absence no one took care of them.

Catina sighed, and continued to water her flowers when she heard someone approaching. Catina turned her head just in time to see a blur of red crash straight into her, sending both of them tumbling to the ground.

Catina heard the frantic mumbling of the nearby maids, but ignored them as she lifted her head, focusing on the excited expression of her elder sister.

"Sorry." Catrina mumbled sheepishly, as she stood up, pulling Catina along with her. At this action the nearby maids all rushed forward, checking for injures on both of the young misses, only stopping when they confirmed that they were both unharmed.

"It's fine, you were just excited." Catina appeased, "Even though it hasn't been that long since you've started training, you've gotten so strong! As expected of Rina!"

Catrina grinned, happiness and pride filling her heart from her sister's compliment, "I practice a lot so it's only natural I'm improving."

Catina smiled, and leaned in to give her elder sister a hug, she couldn't resist the temptation of being close to her dearest sister.

The two hugged for awhile, simply enjoying each other's company when Catrina suddenly exclaimed, " Ah! Father's waiting for us!"

"Father is? Why?" Catina asked in confusion as she tried to remember if she had made any arrangements with her father.

"Mother asked him to take us out into town." Catrina answered excitedly.

"Why so suddenly?" Catina questioned, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Who knows, but does it matter? It's not often they allow us to go out of the mansion." Catrina shrugged carelessly.

Catina sighed, "Yes, you're right." Catina paused as she inspected Catrina's clothing, "Maybe we should change before we go."

Catrina nodded and then hurriedly pulled Catina inside to change. The two were then dressed in simple identical purple dresses, their mass of hair pulled into ponytails. Catrina, barely able to quell her excitement, pulled Catina out to meet their father as soon as they were both dressed.

"Ah! There you two are! I was beginning to wonder if I should go on without you." Logan joked.

"You wouldn't dare!" Catrina exclaimed.

"Oh, but I would!" Logan insisted.

Catrina huffed in indignation, causing Catina to giggle.

"Okay, come on now girls, let's board the carriage, we don't have all day." Logan said as he opened up the carriage door.

Catina slowly walked forward, and lifted her arms, allowing Logan to lift her onto the carriage.

Catrina, though, tried to climb onto the carriage by herself. After watching her struggle for a few minutes, amused, Logan lifted her onto the carriage. Catrina, although upset, simply crossed her arms in silent defeat.

The ride into town went smoothly, the carriage filled with chatter, as the girls discussed their excitement.