thirty one

Surprise????

This hit 300K so... here's a chapter to celebrate.

(Also I kinda need your cute lil comments to boost my self esteem rn lol)

-

April 16th, 2017

"Happy Easter, Camz."

Camila smiles and moves aside to let Lauren in. "Hey. Excited to hunt for Easter eggs with Sofi?"

"Duh. That's the clear highlight of my year," Lauren smiles, pulling two Hershey's Easter eggs from behind her back. "I picked these up on my way. Figured I should get my girl and her little sister an Easter egg, you know?"

Camila's stomach flips ten times over and she physically can't bite back her smile. My girl. She'll never get tired of hearing that from Lauren.

Because it turns out that this Lauren is her Lauren. The Fifth Harmony one is no more than a distant memory at this point.

"Thanks, Laur," Camila takes the egg and kisses Lauren's cheek. "I didn't get you one, but you don't like chocolate, so..."

"You remembering something as trivial as that is present enough," Lauren answers, squeezing her hand. "Where are we going for the egg hunt?"

"The nearby park area thing," Camila describes as Lauren kicks her shoes off. "Apparently they do it every year to raise money for a charity that looks after... I think autistic kids? I'm not really sure. But they never put many eggs down though, so I've got a few mini individually wrapped ones in my pocket to subtly drop down. Want some? You can help deceive my sister."

Lauren laughs, but takes the offered bag of little eggs. "Sure. When are we heading out?"

"Around twelve." Camila answers. "So... we have some time to relax before we're responsible for a child."

"Nice," Lauren smirks, her hand grazing Camila's cheek. "I have a few ideas of how I'd like to spend that time."

"Really," Camila breathes out shakily as Lauren tucks a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. "What's that?"

Lauren's hand cups her jawline and she smiles. "I think you know, Camz."

As Lauren pulls her in for a kiss, Camila's stomach flips. Lauren's lips are soft and plump, and even though Camila knows Lauren's kisses well, she feels so much more every time she kisses this Lauren, because this time it's real. This time, Lauren isn't crawling into her bunk in the dead of night in search of a warm body. This time, Lauren is kissing her because she's her girlfriend, because she's not famous, and she's not closeted.

When Lauren pulls away, Camila shakes her head, taking control and pulling Lauren back in for another kiss. This time, Camila exerts her dominance, knowing that Lauren likes that. Lauren's breath hitching confirms Camila's thoughts, and she smiles against her girlfriend's lips, her fingers tangling in Lauren's hair.

They part, and Camila smiles, kissing Lauren's cheek innocently. "That's always fun."

Lauren laughs. "I'll take that as a compliment, babe."

"Mhm, you should," Camila laughs, "seriously, your kissing skills are off the charts. I bet when you were younger, you and Lucy would make out for practice or whatever dumb excuse you could think of to make yourself straight."

Lauren snorts, blushing a little. "You're actually right..."

"Wow, I guess I'm psychic or something," Camila laughs to herself, before she grabs Lauren's hand and tugs her upstairs. "Are you sleeping over tonight?"