Chapter Six: Show Him The Ropes, Grandpa

A few days had passed at the Avengers' mansion, and Peter already felt at home. The other avengers seemed to like him, and he thought every single one of them was cool.

   Peter walked through the halls of the mansion. He had on blue jeans and a science-themed graphic tee.

He yawned, opening up one of the refrigerators (the avengers needed a lot of food), scanning for something to eat. He settled on cereal. He took out a jug of milk and a grabbed box of lucky charms from the cabinet.

Munching on cereal, his mind began to wander. School started in a few days, and he was still not ready to go back.

   Not just because of Flash, but also because he liked being at the mansion. Sure, he liked it at home with Aunt May, but it was nice to have a break. Just to be with the other superheroes.

   Maybe if it's okay with Tony, May will let me visit more often. I already have an entrance card key. Or maybe May can visit me here? She has one too.

   Either way, there was absolutely no way he'd ever be able to never come back here. Whether it be for only one day or a weekend. Maybe even breaks.

   Tony interrupted his thoughts. "Pete, you need a shave, son."

   "Hm?" He replied, setting his bowl in the sink and eyeing Clint, who was in the corner guzzling coffee straight from the pitcher, petting his dog, Lucky.

   Tony pointed to his upper lip. "Shave it. I know a couple hairs is exciting, but it's lookin' pretty ratty."

   "Oh, yeah. Okay." Peter said, feeling his upper lip. Thank you, testosterone. "Mr. St-, I mean, Tony?"

   "Huh?"

   "I uh... May never taught me how to, you know... shave... my face..."

   "Oh. Okay, well uh. Crap. I'm on the run right now, kid. Thor did something stupid again and I need to rescue his dumb ass so uh..." Tony looked around the kitchen with a couple granola bars and energy drinks in hand. "Yo Cap! Teach the kid how to use a razor while I'm gone, k?"

   Steve looked up from his newspaper. "Alright, Tony. Not a problem."

   "Cool," Tony said, rubbing the bags under his eyes. It looked like he hadn't gotten any sleep again.

   Tony briefly set down the energy drinks and grabbed the remote from the couch. "By the way, Grandpa, you can watch the news now," Tony said with a soft smile on his face.

   Steve smiled back, setting down the newspaper. "Thanks, kid. Glad to see your dad taught you well," he said sarcastically.

   "Gramps, the fact that you've even met him shows what an old fart you are," Tony said, kissing his cheek as he left the room, leaving Steve with a goofy grin on his face.

   "Ah, Tony. What a character. But you have to admit, he grows on you." Steve grabbed his mug of tea and stood up. "Alright, Peter. Let me show you the ropes."

Steve led him to his bathroom. "I got a spare razor around here somewhere," he said, pulling open drawers. Peter noticed that the left drawer contained eyeliner.

   Wanda moved to my old room next to Vision. And wouldn't Natasha rather share with Clint?

   "Hey Steve, who do you share a wing with?"

Everyone shared a wing with one other person. They each had their own room and shared a bathroom. Tony and Rhodey, Natasha and Clint, Wanda and Vision, Thor shared with the temporary-hold prison cell (in case Loki was caught), Bruce and Dr. Strange, Steve and Bucky, Sam and Scott, and Peter sharing with Happy, even if Happy rarely interacted with him. There were guest rooms too. (Of course, Peter didn't know who every single person shared with).