Chapter-32

Adi

Though the invitation came as a surprise but knowing Ronit Jaiswl, anything is possible with that guy. He was my senior in university and Ranvijay's classmate. I had few formal interactions with the guy but I don't share any kind of bonding with him. His showing off attitude bothers me a lot, we hate each other. He would do all to show himself above all, and I would enjoy pulling him down. 

Those were the things of past, I haven't interacted with closely only for few occasions when we happened to be at the same place. Staring at the invitation I was contemplating about going or just sending my greetings with a bouquet. He has recently purchased a mansion once owned by novelty and now is looking to show it off.

With a deep breath I decided not to go, but then he was Ranvijay's friend. I am sure that Rathore scion must have got an invitation and that means I could see Raksha . The mere thought of meeting her again bought smile to my face. May be we could steal few moments of our own.

When I reached the venue , it was full house. The man had invited the whole city to boast his wealth. I met few familiar faces and got introduced to few new ones. I pretended to be all engaged in the baseless conversation and then my eyes met hers. Dressed in shimmery silver gown , my girl looked ravishing. She smiled at me and gestured that she would come to me. I nodded, she took slow steps keeping our gazes locked in an intimate way. Just when she was mere 10 steps away a figure halted her movements . I frowned, it was Ranvijay with Ronit. I could Ranvijay introducing to Raksha. My heart sank, Ronit was still single and Ranvijay's friend. He definitely had an upper hand over me.

I wanted to brush the possibility of as mere  fear of my head but when Ronit led Raksha to the dance floor , all my fears started cropping again. I won't just let him take my girl away. My eyes looked for Ranvijay, I wanted to shake him mad for doing this to me. I looked all over and found him standing next to his wife, who looked pissed at him. They way her finger poked his chest confirmed my doubts, my eyes went to the dance floor again, Ronit kept dancing all over the place talking to her. I am sure he must be boring her with his boastful words. And then she smiled, making my insides churn. ''Look at me Raksha''  I whispered , she turned and looked at me in way that twisted the walls of my heart She was not comfortable dancing with this guy, she didn't wanted to be here. She wanted out, that's it. I am not the one to make it a show, but its too much to handle now. I wanted to take things slow but now I hell care of anything . No more words, now its time for action. Its time I show this jerk and Ranvijay that I am not going to take things lightly.

Turning on to my heels I made my way to the dance floor, grabbing Raksha's arm I pulled her to me, ''What the hell Aditya , have you forgotten your manners.''

''Yes, and there is no reason I should be remembering them.'' I snapped back at irritating guy

''Have you forgotten I am your senior.'' He tried to retort 

I rolled my eyes, the man still seems to be in his own world , ''You are not my senior anymore and I never held any respect for you.'' A faint chuckle escaped Raksha's mouth. Grabbing her arm , I walked off from the hall , giving a challenging look to Ranvijay. Strangely he kept a grim face and didn't react. That didn't surprise me, he is like a slow poison. He is calm and very clean in taking his steps. I didn't look back and dragged Raksha out into the lush garden. Once away from the crowd I held her by shoulders, ''I will kill your brother, what was he up to?''

''What was he upto?'' She asked confused without even a single trace of anger on her face

''He want you and that dumb Ronit together, and he thinks I wouldn't do a thing.'' 

Raksha watched me for a minute , she took a deep breath and then asked in a small voice, ''What do you know about my brother?''

''He can do anything....for his motives to be fulfilled.'' She shook her head with a smile