25: Zi Feng(2)

Chapter 25: Zi Feng(2)
I published a new story "The Rebirth Of The Divine Fox Beast". Check it out and support me:))

"Jing Xuan uh..." Lee Jiao Yu called out as she lightly patted Jing Xuan's hand.

"Hm?"

Lee Jiao Yu and Mu Xuan De both made eye contact and could only sigh, "We think, we should engaged you to someone soon... if not the emperor is going to tie our family with his..." Jing Xuan's mother said as she lightly caressed Jing Xuan's hand.

"Engage? But I'm still so young and I still want to go back to the army camp and i have a lot of things to do..." Jing Xuan protested.

"We know... however what if the Emperor betrothed you to some scum? Or some old ministers?" Just the sheer thought of it cause Lee Jiao Yu to groan and shiver.

"I will just stay away from the capital for around another year and a half's time. When i get back if i have someone i like i will marry him, if not I'll listen to Father and Mother. Okay?" She asked.

Honestly now that she had experience the life here, she wants to explore further. She doesn't want to be trapped inside her future husband's house, she wants to enjoy what life have to offer. Moreover, eventually she have to leave...

"Okay, by then you'll be around 16 turning 17... still at the prime of your age" her mother nodded her head approvingly.

Having settled and chatted with her parents she headed to her room to rest. Only to received tons of invitations by previous classmates, Yu Xuan and Zi Feng for a meet up to talk.

As Jing Xuan woke up, Xi Er who was another one of her maid bought the invitations from previous classmates, Yu Xuan and Zi Feng into her room.

"Jing Xuan XiaoJie, these are the invitations you've gotten." Xi Er said as she laid the invitations on the table.

"Are they all for catching up?," Xi Er nodded, "Same places?" She nodded again. Jing Xuan sighed can't they all just send one...

"Please bring me my red hanfu that have white flowers embroidered on the sleeve and edges of the hanfu."

Jing Xuan got changed with the help of Xi Er and headed to the manor's hall to pay her respect to her parents.

"Jing Xuan greets father and mother" she greeted as she slightly bowed towards them. Lee Jiao Yu walked towards her as she lightly guided Jing Xuan to a seat.

"Why are you up so early?" Mu Xuan De asked.

She sighed, "A bunch of invitations came in to invite me to Xi Yue Cha Guan [1] to catch up" she explains.

[1]; 喜悦茶馆, Joy Tea House.

"Snatching my daughter so early in the morning!" Jing Xuan chuckles at her mother's reaction. They chatted awhile more before Jing Xuan headed to Xi Yue Cha Guan.

"Miss, do you have an appointment?" The waitress asked.

"Yes. They are probably under Yu Xuan or Zi Feng" she replied, the waitress smile stiffened as she deeply bowed again and bought Jing Xuan to the big room hosting most of her classmates.

"Jing Xuan! You're here!" Yu xuan stood up and rush to Jing Xuan when she saw her entering the room. She grabbed Jing Xuan's wrist as she pulled her towards the seat beside her. On her right is Zi Feng and on her left is Jing Xuan.

Oh honey, you just did not want me to seat beside Zi Feng aye.

"So whats up?" Jing Xuan asked.

"We wanna ask you about the experiences at the boarder. Hows is it outside the Capital?" Yu Ling asked curiously, after all they are the Misses and Young Masters of respectable family and are not allowed to travel far away.

Jing Xuan ate Lunch as she talks about how life was at the army camp and at Ville Morte. Afterwards, her classmates had to leave due to their remedial classes leaving her with Yu Xuan and Zi Feng.

"Jing Xuan, how was training with the soldiers like?" Yu Xuan asked, somehow emphasising on soldiers, reminding Zi Feng that she had trained and stayed with the males.

"It was actually great, it will definitely be an experience for rich family misses who wouldn't even touch dirt. They'll probably die sooner, because If you leant agasint a hill, it would collapse. If you leant against a person, he would run away.Leaning on yourself is the most reliable option." She said not giving Yu Xuan any face, which caused her to slightly turn red in anger.

"I agree, girls should be tough and shouldn't keep relying on her friends, family and future husband." Zi Feng said as he stared at Jing Xuan giving her a knowing smile.

"I'm glad we're on the same page Zi Feng." She said as she raise her tea cup to Zi Feng, and they both drank at the same time.

Yu Xuan felt left out in this meal, yet she does not know what to do. Usually Jing Xuan would seat beside her quietly, occasionally giving in her opinions and she would be the one conversing with Zi Feng.

"What do you train in the army camp?" Yu Xuan casually asked.

"Martial arts, archery and cultivation."

"Eh, Jing Xuan mei also cultivates?" Zi Feng asked shocked. Jing Xuan only nodded her head, however Yu Xuan could see the slight sparkle in Zi Feng eyes.

This bitch needs to go! Yu Xuan thought as she glared hatefully at Jing Xuan.

"My little Jing Xuan is out with another male?... its about time to visit the Eastern Kingdom officially."