Omake: Poseidon - My little Sea Princess

Not being able to be close to his children while they grew up was one thing Poseidon regretted the most. His immortal children grew up way too fast, which was quite normal for the gods, but it made him miss out on so many things, and he couldn't get to his mortal children because of Zeus' laws.

Not being able to see his little warrior Princess grow up was not just a regret, thought; it was a raw wound in his heart, and it drove him crazy with need to go to the surface and check on his Sephie. Thankfully, he only succumbed to the urge once – his little girl's life will be difficult enough without monsters sensing Poseidon's aura sticking to her – but it was a moment Poseidon would cherish forever. With those chubby cheeks, fluttering eyelashes and inky black hair already forming ringlets around her face, Persephone Amphitrite Jackson looked like a newborn, wingless angel - not that she needed the wings, they were overrated anyway in Poseidon's opinion.

In short, little Sephie stole her father's heart without even trying, and Poseidon didn't give a damn about the fact.

No matter how painful he found his distance from her, Poseidon managed to maintain it by placating his guilty conscience with thoughts of what would happen if his baby was found by the monsters. He would never forgive himself if his own recklessness got Sephie killed. Sally knew how to protect their child, thanks to her sight, so Poseidon would not have to worry about mourning his baby girl for a while. He desperately ignored the little voice whispering from the edges of his mind about his daughter's inevitable death. She was no immortal, after all, and if the monsters and the Prophecy don't kill her, age would, and Poseidon knew his older brother would never return him his baby, even if Poseidon were fool enough to ask.

Some laws were not created to be broken, Poseidon knew it firsthand, and it was one of the main reasons why he and Hades got along so well. Unlike their brat of little brother, they never dared mess with the natural flow of the universe.

It was the main reason why he overreacted when Zeus accused him of stealing his Master Bolt. The three brothers had their own symbols of power that meshed well with their domains and balanced out the scales of power perfectly, so why would Poseidon feel the need to steal the stupid Bolt? Besides, he was not the one for treachery and thievery – his and his children's most notorious fatal flaw was loyalty, for Creator's sake! Not to mention everyone from the highest reaches of Aether to the deepest depths of Tartarus knew where Poseidon's loyalties were – with his family, and Zeus was still family, no matter how estranged they could become at times.

That being said, he could barely believe how quickly his baby brother accused him of stealing the Bolt, and his first impulse had been to deny any and all accusations to the bitter end. It was only later that he realized who would be the one blamed, once the truth got out, and he wanted to curse himself. Sephie had nothing to do with this nightmare, but Zeus wouldn't give a damn and accuse her of taking the Bolt!

Oh, Sephie, I'm so, so sorry. Will you ever forgive your fool of a father?

Assaulted by the merciless self-guilt, Poseidon refused to go back to Olympus after the Winter Solstice even after Hermes delivered oral and written missives, choosing to drown himself in the work and sneak peeks at his baby girl whenever he could get away with that, with no one wiser.

How could Poseidon keep an eye on Sephie without at least someone knowing, you might ask. The answer is simple. Back during the time of Primordials, Pontus, Primordial of the seas, fell in love with Gaea. The problem, of course, was Gaea's husband, Ouranos, who being the sky itself, would quickly discover any sort of cheating, so Pontus created three green orbs from which he could watch everything in the sea, sky and on the earth and keep his affair with Gaea low-key. Oceanus inherited the orbs when the Titans overthrew Ouranos, and freely gave them to Poseidon when gods defeated the Titans.