Arc 2.7 Class of the Century

Back to the election after both parties were finally satisfied, the competition between Cain and Lizzy was quite a sight to see.

Owen was always avoiding Cain like the plague, but Cain still managed to successfully promote him. As expected of a competent individual. He used merchandise, advertisements, newspapers and magazines, and hosted many events in Owen's name.

On the other hand, in addition to those gimmicks, Lizzy got herself associated with many different social groups within the academy. She had the advantage of being there in person to promote herself. The students would be more likely to vote for someone they knew rather than a person they only heard about but never actually met.

Ultimately, the re-election was like a side job for both of them and they eventually agreed to just let it run its course. They were more concerned about the completion of the main mission. While there were many solutions, they wanted to make sure their plans didn't end up clashing.

Thus, they gathered in the student council clubroom; Lizzy, Cain, Owen, and Daniel.

The flaw of the original graduation system was that they simply monitored the students' class performance and lifestyles rather than the technicalities of their prospective occupations. While the camera system allowed future employers to look at each individual student's accomplishments it was not very organized, and many students would be neglected. It was a given that most often than not, they would only take a glimpse at the top few students and ignore the bottom rung. Also, even though their futures were on the line, the more antisocial of the bunch would often shy away from opportunities.

In order to make their year unprecedented, they had to make sure even those at the bottom had successful careers after graduation.

Before they could brainstorm any major ideas, Evan waltzed into the room claiming he was pregnant. He had the pregnancy test to prove it but the world being an ABO world everyone in the room could smell his scent and tell that he wasn't lying even without the test.

Lizzy and Daniel stood to the side as if watching a show. They never involved themselves with that omega aside from the occasional interaction as acquaintances.

On the other hand, Owen snorted and also sat on the sidelines. He had been in this world since the moment he first saved Evan as tasked. Even if the chance of conceiving a child during estrus was at its highest, he was a host at the time and it was impossible for the child to have been his. Cain, however...

The child was obviously Cain's.

Lizzy hid a smile behind her hand as Daniel shook his head. Daniel knew his host. He would definitely not let that child come into the world.

"Kill it."

Moments after those words were spoken the room fell deathly silent. Evan paled and looked towards Cain who spoke with incredulity. Then he turned to Owen pleading with his eyes as he felt that Owen must have been the father because of the timing of their bonding.

But Owen never even looked his way. For some reason, Owen's sight never left the bandages around Lizzy's neck. That was, until he turned to Cain with an unfathomable gaze shortly after.

Evan finally remembered that even after he formed a pair with Owen he was treated like a dirty rag. Even though the mark had to be constantly renewed, it varied from alpha to alpha how often the renewal had to be done. It just so turned out that Owen was particularly powerful, and his mark could remain imprinted for a little over half a year. Evan only barged into the room and revealed his pregnancy because he started to panic when he realized Owen's scent was slowly disappearing from him. There would be nothing left by the time the election came.

Unwilling to get rid of his only handle over the two alpha males, Evan asked, "Why?"

Why did Owen not care about their child?

Why did Cain abandon him?

Cain burst into a cruel laughter, "I never cared about you from the start. You were my temporary relief, since my fiancée never even glanced my way."

To his unexpected reveal, everyone turned his direction with questioning eyes.

Cain turned towards Lizzy, "We were planning to announce it after you graduate."

Lizzy, "We?" She really had no idea what he was talking about. It wasn't in the script ah!

He lazily smirked, "Your father and I."

Lizzy tilted her head in contemplation, 'System, explain.' Why was this not mentioned in her bio.

[Uh...Maybe it was because the original soul was so knocked up on drugs that anything after that was clouded over? Please note that Lizzy was a mess months before her graduation.] 001 speculated. He was feeling pretty useless lately. He never helped his host and almost always only asked her questions! It's about time he helped her think things through!

"Why would you want to impeach her then?!" Evan was indignant.

Cain's chuckle was low, seductive, and full of suggestion, "Wouldn't she finally acknowledge me only when she no longer has to direct all of her attention onto insignificant others?"

The corner of Lizzy's lips twitched imperceptibly. Daniel was nodding furiously since Cain was very similar to his host in many ways. His things could only focus on him and no one else or it would be no fun!

Evan fell to the floor. He always thought that he was the one in control, but it turned out that he was the one running around on the palm of this man's hand the entire time. Then he suddenly laughed a sad and defeated laughter as his head lowered and a menacing and ruthless light flashed through his eyes that didn't go unnoticed by his three companions.

When Cain mentioned that Lizzy was his fiancée, Owen had frowned. After Evan's outburst, Owen stared at his uncle, "You."

"I can help you get rid of it if you hand her over to me."

Raising a brow, Lizzy inwardly mused. She was being passed around like a trophy.

[Host, you are very popular among the men ah.] 001 casually remarked.

Lizzy could understand Cain, but Owen was lost to her. Maybe the psychopath still wanted to kill her or something.

"Lizzy is mine," Cain's eyes were a dark pool of obsession and possessiveness as he threateningly glowered at Owen.

The atmosphere was tense as neither party wanted to back down.

Finally, Owen smiled a smile full of madness and took back his deal. He cackled maniacally and then abruptly stopped as his face turned grim.

"Fine. But she will be mine soon."

Then he left the room, and Cain was obviously annoyed by his parting declaration as he never retracted his glare from the direction in which Owen had departed.