Arc 2.9 Class of the Century

Arc. 2.9 Class of the Century

As for the worlds protagonist?

He was a freshman, so it didn't really matter to them what actually became of him.

But just to give the readers a sense of closure, the effects of the drug were permanent, and similarly to what happened to the original Lizzy, he became broken and addicted to sex. He couldn't even take the time to think about how to get revenge or grieve over his losses.

Some might say that Cain was too ruthless, but one must keep in mind that everything was but a simple game to him. Of course he's coldblooded and uncaring towards the pawns and chess pieces. They meant nothing to him from the very beginning.

Evan may have been the world's protagonist, but to our hosts, he was just a freshman who had nothing to do with their mission and only got in the way of its completion. Might as well get rid of it~

The days leading up to graduation were so smooth sailing that it was unbearable for Cain, so he always made trouble for his mate, Lizzy.

He made use of the camera system to heighten his stalker behavior that everyone just ignored. And similar to their first world, he tried many ways to get Lizzy into his bed but this time since it was an ABO world, Lizzy was always trying to find a way to overpower him with her alpha pheromones. In the end it always failed her and things that can't be described happened shortly after.

You say how come she never learned her lesson?

She did! But because she was trying her best to undo his mark she had to try her best to overpower his alpha pheromones so that she could find her own perfect omega to mark so that she could complete her side mission! We can all see that she failed, though, and she was not very happy so she took revenge in the best way possible--abstinence ah!

Cain could only satisfy himself when she felt that she could finally overpower his pheromones and ran to him only to fail and end up dead and limp the next few days.

As for Owen, after he declared that Lizzy would be his one day, he didn't do much aside from pasting himself to her like glue. His temper was much better like a tamed wolf, but when he wasn't around her it was like he had rabies again.

She asked him what his deal was one time and he just replied, "The scent of your soul calms me down."

"Oh," she lifted a brow in response and an awkward silence ensued.

"But that bastard smells disgusting. You should stay away from him. His smell is all over you recently," he scowled in distaste as he eyed her wrapped-up neck.

"Oh."

She knew they had some sort of history, but it didn't matter to her because it had nothing to do with her or the mission. So, she never asked.

Knowing that she was going to ignore his warning for the nth time, Owen was just about to offer his help in getting rid of Cain when Cain entered the room.

Speak of the devil and the devil will appear.

They were in the student council clubroom relaxing as always on a bright and sunny day in May days before graduation.

Owen and Lizzy were sitting comfortably a little bit too close to each other on the loveseat at the side beside the large window. By close, it was all thanks to Owen's own selfish efforts as he was leaning against Lizzy in hopes of smelling more of her scent rather than her mate's. Lizzy didn't bother to move because she was busy organizing the student profiles and inviting the last of the guests that would be attending the event on her notebook.