2- Memories

Sya's P.O.V:

"Hey! Get up you dumbass!"

I felt someone poking the side of my head while shaking my shoulder violently.

I don't want to wake up. I slept just a few hours ago. Maybe I slept for three hours?

When the shaking didn't stop, I waved my hand in annoyance.

"Go away!" I said, irritated from the constant disturbance but boy was I wrong? The disturbance only turned into a thunderstorm.

"Sya Summers, what the fuck did you just say?!" On hearing my full name, I bolted up on my bed and the sheets fell on the floor. There stood my aunt Helena. She was glaring at me with her furious blue eyes as I squirmed uncomfortably under her gaze. She had blonde hair, which was above her shoulders, a lean figure, and beautiful features, if she would stop ducking her face in the cake. Note the sarcasm, please.

A fierce frown was apparent on her face. "S-sorry aunt Helena! I-I was-- I didn't realize I was late." I managed to stutter as I looked at the floor as if her face was there. I knew if I dared to look at her face she would get angrier than she was right now.

"Get up and make breakfast for us! I don't suppose you want to make dear John angry now do you?" She smirked, which sent a chill of fear down my spine. She knew exactly where she was going with this. She knew what type of effect mentioning her “dear John" was going to have on me.

If he gets mad he will beat the shit out of me. Moreover, it isn't just any other day where I can be beaten just because he felt like it. It's my first day of college! I don't want it to be ruined.

John was her son, a real bastard. He would call me abusive names and beat me up whenever he would be pissed about something or I’d rather say, just about anything. I didn't want to make him mad today.

With that thought, I got out of my bed and headed towards the bathroom to freshen up. I quickly dressed up for college, knowing I wouldn’t get much time for that anyway and if I was late any further, I would be in deep shit. I slipped into my casual jeans and tank top with a black hoodie.

Black, my favorite!

I stepped downstairs from my room and into the kitchen where Aunt Helena and John were sitting. Aunt Helena was checking her nails as if they were the most precious things in the world. While John glared at me when he saw me coming. A scowl appeared on his obnoxious face.

"Finally, the bitch has woken up from her slumber. Now, if you don't mind, would you please make us breakfast!" He bellowed at me. I flinched and took a few steps back. I nodded before starting to make breakfast.
It won't be bad if I added some poison into their food, would it?

After serving them breakfast, I took my leave as soon as possible. I didn't want to be late for college because of them. I almost the bus because it was just pulling out when I got to the bus stop. I hurriedly got in and took a seat near the window. The bus started and with that, I plugged in my earphones to kill the time. It was a protective barrier against interaction with normal humans.

Life was not so difficult before the death of my parents. They loved me with all their hearts. We were the perfect family they tell about in books all the time. We would go on picnics and spend time together. I was their most precious possession. Everything was just perfect! Then, nine years later, on a fateful night, in a car accident, they lost the battle of their lives. I was also with them, but I survived.

Most people say that my survival from such an accident was nothing short of a miracle. But little did they know that I didn't survive on my own. I still remember those grey-blue glowing eyes staring at me. After that, I lost my consciousness but I never forgot those eyes. Those eyes were so inhuman yet so captivating. I didn't remember any other feature of that strange being because my vision was extremely blurry and the pain had numbed any other sensations I had had. Anyhow, deep down I knew that he came specially to save me. 

Maybe he was sent from the heavens?

I had always fantasized about such things in my childhood. But now, I knew that if we want to survive in this cruel world we should be a fighter. But still every day, those eyes intimidate my memories.

With a slight jerk, the bus stopped, indicating that I had reached my destination and thus, pulling me out of my memories. I started walking down the road, which led to the college entrance.

Maybe college will be fun. After all, my best friend Hannah is here with me!

We were like sisters. She's my childhood friend. After my parents' death, I shifted here to stay with the only legal guardians I had. So we lost contact. But then, this year she decided to attend college here so that we could reunite. She knew all about my sufferings in Aunt Helena's house.

I was pulled out of my chain of thoughts when I saw Hannah from a distance, waving like a crazy woman at me. She had a huge grin plastered on her beautiful face. She had changed a lot and became even prettier than before.

She had long dark brown wavy hair that reached the middle of her back, chocolate brown eyes, and perfect body curves.

Woah! Look at you, hot stuff. I thought as I walked towards her. She spread her arms wide when we were just a foot apart and we hugged each other with all our might.

"I missed you sooooo much, Sy!" She exclaimed, pulling away from me. I just chuckled at her ever so lively-self. She didn't change, after all, still so childish. It caused warmth to bloom in my cold heart.

"I also missed my baby sooooo much!"
I said, whilst squeezing her face gently in between my hands. She pouted and hugged me again.

"How are you?" She asked, suddenly, sounding worried. I knew where that was coming from. After all, she knew about Aunt Helena's behavior and her dickhead of a son. I sighed and dropped my gaze to my feet.

"Fine... I think?" I said, remembering the abuse I have to face in that house every single day.

She sighed and soothingly rubbed my arm. "Everything will be alright. I'm here now and we will rock the college!" She yelled the last part enthusiastically, trying to lift up my spirits. I smiled at her and nodded. She always knew how to make me smile.

I also wish that college would be my escape from that horrible house and its horrible inhabitants.

Who knew my wish would become true.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
(A/N):

Hola readers!

What do you think so far?

If any question you want to ask about the story feel free to ask.

Please show support on Instagram @aliceblonday ;)

Meanwhile;
Enjoy.
Comment.
Vote.
Share.

;)