Dye- 76

Bakugou pov
I woke up with a heavy weight sitting on stomach. "Wake up King Explosion Murder!" It was Red, banging on my chest. Annoyed, I pushed him off, tired and dazed.
"Why?" I moaned, rubbing my eyes and sitting up. I saw the clock, twelve am.
"You said it yourself, I need to dye my hair and I need your help." Red already held the red hair dye box in his hand, shaking it in my face. It still surprised when I remembered Eijirou's hair was actually black, it didn't fit his personality at all. Snatching the box out his hands, I began reading the instructions.
"And why do you think I'll be able to do this?"
"I'll guide you through it." He smiled at me, his eyes also slightly sleepy. "But we should probably put on some scruffs before hand."

We both wore large, pyjama t-shirts, with Red wearing shorts; I only had my boxers on my lower half. "You look cute Kat." I pulled a face before running my fingers through my hair.
"So, how do I start?" I watched as Red pushed out his desk chair and placed it near me. As he sat down on it, I stood behind him, with the desk to the side of me with all the equipment on. I looked down at his hair, realising how pink it was really getting. It looked quite cute, but I knew Red wanted to look badass instead of sweet.
"Okay, so start off by putting the gloves on and then pouring the two bottles into that bowl." He explained, pointing towards everything. I struggled as I put on the gloves, but with the help from Red, I fitted them on.
"Okay, this can't be difficult, just put them in the bowl-" muttering to myself, I put the two liquids into the bowl.
"Now stir-"
"Yes I know Red, I'm not an idiot." I snapped, already using the brush to mix. Thankfully he just laughed, knowing how I could get about these things. Unfortunately for Eijirou's desk, splatters of red stained its surface, which I subtly tried to hide by placing things to block Red's view. "Err, okay, I think that's done."
"Let's see the colour." I showed him the bowl, a vibrant red colour, perfect for him. "Good job boo-"
"Ew don't call me bo-"
"Okay, now separate my hair into sections, four if you can." I did as told, and unwillingly began grabbing pieces of hair, trying to tie them up. It was frustrating, grabbing pieces only for other strands to fall out my grip. I had hair bands around my wrist, but every time I went to put them on I'd drop them or they'd fling away.
"What the fuck!" I yelled in frustration, so far with only two sections.
"It's okay, I can do the others," Red spoke softly, trying to calm me down. I was usually great at things, so this was annoying me. I reluctantly handed my boyfriend the bands, who quickly put the hair into place.
"You made that look easy."

I was currently painting his scalp with a brush, attempting to cover it all with the dye. Typical of Red, he just chatted throughout the whole thing; "I wish we could go on a double date with someone, but no one in our class is dating."
"That we know of." I said casually, bending down to reach unseen places in his hair.
"True, true. Speaking of dating, I was thinking we should go to that interview you were asked to do." I groaned as Red had to bring it up. On our bus journey home, I was sent an email from a news reporter asking for an interview; supposedly they'd seen Red and I at Pride and wanted to do an article on us. I definitely didn't want to go.
"I said I won't do it Red." I said sharply. "-wait, I've done your scalp, do I do each section now?"
"Yeah, and after doing one put it back up in the hair band. After doing all of them, pour a bit more on the scalp then give me a good massage. Anyways, about this interview, please, let's do it, it could be so fun. We'll be celebrities!"
"I'm surprised you'd even want to do it, considering your mum may see it." I grumbled, wondering if I had gone too far. Fortunately, Red just sighed.
"And, it's her problem if she doesn't like it." He believed what he was saying, but I could still sense the sadness in his voice. I started on the last section, holding it straight and pulling a comb through it. "So yeah, I really think we should do it. And who knows, it could have a real impact on gay youth and gay heroes everywhere."
"I guess." I muttered, focusing on the dye.
"So you'll email them back?" I could hear the hope in his voice.
"We'll see." Doing a full three sixty around him, I made sure everywhere was covered. After making sure it was, I did a quick pour on his head and started to rub my hands around. "I don't know if I'm doing this right."
"Yeah I can tell." Red laughed, causing me to hit him lightly on the head.
"Don't push it boo." I mocked him. Suddenly the mood shifted, as I noticed Red began fiddling with his hands.
"Anyways, about this birthday party for you mum-" I interrupted him.
"It's not a party. More like a meal and stuff."
"Right, right. So the 'meal' is Saturday, what should I wear?" He asked with a slight shake to his voice.
"Don't be nervous," I squeezed his shoulders. "My family love you. And just wear something smart/casual, a shirt and jeans or something? That's what I'm wearing."
"You can just come round to my dorm to help." He smiled. "And you say your family loves me, will it just be us and your parents?" I cursed, realising I had completely forgotten the others.
"Err, well actually- no. My aunt and uncle and my two cousins will be there. Oh, and my grandparents." I winced. "And no, I haven't told them, and I don't know if my parents have."
"Well great. After a week of homophobia, I don't know if I can deal with anymore." Moaned Red. I thought for a moment, thinking to my extended family.
"To be honest, I don't think they'll be that bad. My aunt and uncle do a ton of charity work, so they have to be nice, right?" Red nodded thoughtfully. "And my grandparents are, annoying but kind. They always ask 'when will you get a girlfriend?' But I don't think they'll care really. I think my grandma watches some sort of drag queen show, and they're all gay in that."
"Well your family sound lovely." Red kissed my hand, which he then realised was covered in a plastic glove.
"Just don't worry, okay?" I insisted, wanting to reassure him. Then, will a last push, I finally stopped massaging his head and patted his shoulder.
"All done Red."