Chapter 6

"Aaaaaaaa!" Adiva shrieked in anger and watched the two men in front of her with fierce eyes. They gulped nervously and shrunk within themselves to try and disappear from before her. "Me? Chosen for some rubbish treaty? No! Never!" She declared angrily and pointed a finger at them. "You both! You knew about this?" They shook their heads hastily, scared to see her flushed and irritated.

"We swear, we came to know about it just some minutes ago." Yamin told her. She narrowed her eyes in disbelief but huffed and looked away. Sinan and Yamin took a breath of relief and sagged down.

"I an not marrying any ice storm. Let them try! They want to take MY freewill away? MINE?" She thundered gesturing towards herself. "I will irritate them to such an extent that they will have to draw a peace treaty with me instead!" Adiva swore with a dangerous glint in her eyes and turned dramatically, making an exit by banging the door loudly. Yamin and Sinan flinched then relaxed. Sinan whistled.

"That went well!" He exclaimed.

"Better than I anticipated at least." Yamin told him quietly.

The door to the room opened again and a shoe sailed in the air before hitting Yamin right on his nose and then the door was banged shut.

"Ow!" Yamin complained as he held his nose tightly.

"That was more of what I expected!" Sinan told him in amusement. Yamin glared at him and then began to rub his nose. For a while he felt really bad for Mirsab Furaat.

"What do you think she would do next?" Sinan asked him conversationally. Yamin shrugged.

"Probably go and argue with Grand Da!" Yamin replied thoughtfully.

"I will give that a miss." Sinan told him and flopped down on his bed. Yamin smirked and began to walk towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"To witness a temper tantrum." Yamin replied carelessly and exited the room, while Sinan settled on the bed and began to browse through the NYC again. He wasn't too worried about his sister. Mirsab was a very decent guy and he knew that she would be happy if she gave him a chance. But making her give him a chance was going to be troublesome.

•••

Ehlam and Nyqa were on their terrace as they wanted to peacefully watch the stars for a while before the storm began in their house. They knew there were going to be tantrums as high as the sky and they wanted to be mentally prepared for it. They were old now and shouldn't have to face such trials but they were also the heads of the family and they couldn't exactly avoid this.

The wind was quite strong today as it shrieked around the terrace. Maybe it was angry too. Just like their little princess, from whom they were hiding. The whole terrace was covered with carpeted grass and the edges were lined by pots full of different plants and flowers, which were planted by one of their grand daughters in law. The whole terrace smell of jasmines and the wooden swings placed in different places of the terrace, just made it more relaxing and peaceful. Sitting here after their dinner was done was their tradition.

The terrace doors were thrown open by the hurricane and a second later she herself entered. Her beautiful hair seemed to be fighting a battle in the strong winds as she pushed it back again and again. Her eyes were two pools of a mixture of anger and betrayal, with a twinge of hurt. Ehlam sighed as she stopped at a distance from them.

"How could you?" She hadn't shouted. She never did in his presence. Yet he felt her voice crack his heart into half. They were choked with tears, which hadn't fallen yet.

"You know well and good that it's not in my hand." Ehlam replied to her in a defeated voice.

"You shouldn't have put my name into the choices at all. You could have exchanged the name for someone else's or you could have abolished the treaty itself. But you didn't! You chose to have my name be forwarded to them." Adiva accused as the tears began falling. Ehlam stood up and walked towards his precious princess and brought her to his chest as she sniffled.