chapter 10

Julia sat next to her younger brother and his friends who were currently fast asleep on each other. Her gaze fell on Mike who was wide awake, a feeling of sadness hit her.

She knew Mike had liked El, he told her that he kissed El and asked her to the snowball dance. She ran her fingers through her hair, her mind thinking about El.

Dustin had told her everything. From her using her powers to make blood come out of the bad guys eyes, to her using the rest of her energy to kill the 'demogorgon' as he calls it.

Julia felt guilty for not saying goodbye to her, she didn't know what was going to happen after the experience with the bath.

She stood up from her seat and went outside into the parking lot for fresh air. Steve followed her without hesitation, causing Nancy's eyes to follow him as he walked out.

Julia sat against a wall, resting her head back. She wanted to sleep, but she wanted to see Will as soon as possible after he wakes up. Steve sat himself next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"I'm glad you're okay." She mumbled, still worrying about him even though he only had bruises left.

"You're so stupid." He sighed, looking down at her he gave her a smile. "I know, but I made it out didn't I?" "You're lucky you did cause I would have killed you. But you still got hurt..." He trailed off, reaching to grab her bandaged hand.

"Aside from that, I'm still in one piece Steve." He intertwined her uninjured hand with his, enjoying the feeling of her skin on his.

She rested her head on his shoulder, taking in everything around her. She's next to her favorite person in the world, she's alive, she still has her little brother and his friends, everything felt right.

" Love fest is over, he's awake!" Hopper yelled at the two teenagers. Julia jumped up from her spot and ran inside. Steve stood up and insisted, "there's no 'love fest' dude." Hopper sighed and rested his hand on his hip.

"Tell that to her 'dude'," Hopper emphasized the last word to mock him, "from the way you two looked at each other just then, I can tell." With that, Hopper turned and began to walk away "can tell what?" He shouted back to the chief, not receiving an answer.

Julia ran into Wills room, her eyes brightened to see the young boy alive. "Oh my god Will." She walked to the other side of the bed. She wanted to hug the hell out of him, but he was still recovering.

"Jules, You're here!" He smiled, instantly causing her to tear up. She missed him so much, hearing his voice and his laugh whenever she was with them.

"Of course I am." "Your hand? You too?" Julia laughed as a tear fell from her eye. "William Byers, you're in the hospital after everything that just happened, and you're asking me about my hand?"

"Exactly what I said." Jon laughed, wiping his tears. Will leaned closer to Julia to ask her a question. "So are you and Steve dating yet?" Julia blushed and nodded her head no. Will jokingly groaned in annoyance, "one day."

"love you Will." She kissed his forehead, enjoying the feeling of knowing he was alive and safe.

______________________________
One month later
Every house in the cul de sac had some sort of Christmas decoration out on the front lawn, Julia had always enjoyed the holidays.

She pulled up to the Wheelers household to pick up her brother from his game of Dungeons And Dragons. She pulled up the same time as Jonathan had, he welcomed her with a big smile.

They knocked on the door being greeted by Mrs. Wheeler who welcomed them in, giving them quick hugs. They walked down into the basement, Jon jokingly said "Jeez what's that smell? Have you guys been playing games all day or just farting?"

Julia smiled at the interaction between everyone. Everything was back to the way it was, and she couldn't be more thankful.

"Alright Dust, come on mom wants us home." He stood up and began to walk over to his sister, only stopping to let out an actual fart next to his friend Lucas.

"Dustin what the hell!" Lucas shouted as he ran upstairs. "Bye guys, be safe and have a great holiday." She walked upstairs to be stopped by Mrs. Wheeler.

"Julia! Two things, one I wanted to wish you a merry Christmas, two I wanted to give you this,"

She handed Julia a pound cake decorated with frosting and gum drops. "As a thank you, for being like a big sister to all the kids. For helping them out when they need it, and for everything you've done to help Mike out." Julia thanked her and offered her help at any time they needed it.

As she was about to leave, Steve ran up to her with a small box in his hand. After Will left the hospital Steve and Nancy were back in the relationship they were in before. Julia knew it would happen and of course it hurt, but she knew that if he was happy that she would be too.

"I got you something." He said while opening the cardboard box. Inside was a necklace with the letter 's' on it. She grinned at him, "it's beautiful, thank you so much Steve."

"Do you need help putting it on?" He noticed her hands were occupied holding the cake Mrs. Wheeler had given her.

She turned around and allowed him to help her with it. He swiftly moved her hair to one side, his fingers brushing against her skin for a moment causing goosebumps to rise on her arms.

He placed the chain around her neck and linked the pieces together. Turning around to thank him, she found that they were close to each other than before. She placed a kiss on his cheek, her lips lingering there for a few seconds.

"Merry Christmas Henderson." "Merry Christmas Harrington."