New beginnings part 1

Chris' P.O.V.

As the coffee shop closed for the day I put away my things and left the shop and just then the director I talked to back in L.A. called me. I let him know about the progress I was making on rewriting the script. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Scott was right (y/cs/n) was definitely the best place to find inspiration for rewriting the script. I felt better already. "It's only 5 pages, slow down." I said to the director on the phone. "It does feel good to be at it again though." "Yeah, five very good pages. I love the whole small town arena. Hey, you know, Andrew wrote Phantom in three weeks." He said proud at the work I have put into the script. "You're lying." I said in disbelief. He chuckled. "You're right. Hey, call me when you have more pages to send me." He told me. "Can't wait to see where this thing is going. Does tomorrow morning work?" He asks. I chuckle. "I am hanging up now." I hang up and walk back to my place in Boston as Dodger greats me with a jump of joy and starts licking my face. I laugh. "Hey, Dodger. It's great to see you too buddy." I laugh historically as he continues to lick my face while I am laying on the floor. "Ok, ok, stop, stop, stop." I say as I push him off of me and get up being greated by my mom and Scott saying welcome home as I hugged my mom one of my most absolute favorite people in the world. My mom and I are very close and she means the world to me so I was so glad to be home and see her again. "Hey, I heard that (y/n) is going to be hosting a big fundraiser for raising money to save the coffee shop tonight. I think we both should go tonight." Scott tells me. "Yeah, she mentioned that there was something going on at the coffee shop tonight. Wait what's going on with the coffee shop?" I ask Scott. "Well she told me that a guy named Frank that you were talking to the other day said that he was going to close down the shop because we couldn't afford to keep the shop up and running any longer." Scott told me about the foreclosure of the coffee shop. "So we came up with an idea to run a fundraiser to save the coffee shop since it means a lot to (y/n). She worked so hard in keeping the shop up and running." "Yeah I bet she did. Well that sounds like a good idea. I'm definitely going to go."I said to Scott. "You're going to love the show tonight." Scott said as I left to get ready for tonight.