Chapter 22

Zaria's POV

"Wow! You have a very nice room. You are very neat." I looked around the large room and smiled, nodding my head in approval.

I've been to so many guy's room and his topped the neatness list. Charles or Taju's room are equivalent to a dumping ground. Cloths every where and at every corner, washed and unwashed. It was always unsettling and bad. Tyler's room was okay but I've never been to Kelvin's.

But this...this was just wow!

His room was not exactly a typical boy's room. He had one poster of the rap legend Eminem on his wall and a shelve stacked with motivational and inspiring books and I was sure he must have read them all. Close to his huge king sized bed was a glass door that led to a terrace that gave a rather beautiful view of the estate.

"You haven't seen a guys room this neat?" He asked with a smirk playing on his lips and I shook my head in response.

"Not even once. Charles room is always a dump and Taju's is nothing to write home about. You must have seen them already." I informed him and he laughed.

"Whenever I go over to Charles' house,  we spend out time in the screening room mostly." He mentioned and I nodded. "Besides, I'm a neat person. I can't even stand dirt." He told me and I smiled.

If I didn't have a criteria for dream guy list before, I do now.

Neatness? Check.

I watched him drop my bag on his sofa and move a stack of text books from his table to the bed. I also noticed that he didn't even make a move to cover his nearly naked torso that seemed to be giving me a cardiac arrest. He definitely doesn't know what he was doing to me dressed like that.

"Zaria." His voices pierced through my reverie and I looked at him startled. He had a concerned look in his face.

"What? Sorry, were you saying something?" I asked him and he shook his head, a knowing smile playing on his lips. He began to walk towards me in a small pace and my heart picked up a beat.

"I was asking if we should get started now. What's going on in that head of yours?" He asked me.

"Uhm... I..." I was trying to form my words but it wasn't walking as he closed in on me. I backed up till my back gently hit the shelf behind me. He didn't stop walking till he was a breath away from me, his intense green eyes looking intently at me.

"Uhm... Joel, what are you doing?" I asked when he leaned his head closer to me. Hus hand stretched beside me, brushing the skin of my hand and I shivered involuntarily.

Is he going to kiss me?

Just as I was about to close my eyes, his hand withdrew from beside me and rose a text book to my face.

"I was just getting this." He said, a smirk evident on his lips. I looked at the book and almost face palmed myself.

Advance Chemistry. Typical.

"Oh, right. Let's start to study, so we can get to the chores." I told him, clearing my throat and he smiled.

"I've got some questions!" He told me and I gave him a thumbs up.

We both sat down on his bed and started asking each other questions. I had questions from the las Decathlon and we used it as well. In between the study, my mind kept straying off because of how Joel looked. There was a way he looked anytime he was solving equations.

Serious, Sexy. The best combo.

Feeling really distracted by all of these, I decided to stand by the wardrobe and keep answering the questions but that wasn't even helping one bit because he was still distracting. I zoned out, thinking of how he would look completely shirtless.