Rekindling with the ex boyfriend

Reader's P.O.V.

That night Patrick decided to take me out on a date so we both can talk and catch up. "Oh, I just, I can't believe Caroline is married. I used to babysit her after school." I said as I took a sip of my drink. "My mom completely took over the wedding planning." He told me. "Now of course, she's got her sights set on grandchildren." Caroline is Patrick's sister by the way. She and I go way back. "Well, it's what she's wanted for some time now." I said to him as I smiled and he smiled back. I can't believe we are finally rekindling after two years. I was devastated and heart broken when he left. Maybe I'll have a chance with him again. Ugh! My heart is so confused right now. I like Chris but I still have feelings for my ex. It's like my heart doesn't know who to choose.

"Yeah. She has." He says smiling at me. We walk out of the restaurant after eating our dinner. "I'm glad you came by tonight." I told him. "So am I." He said in agreement. "I wasn't sure what to expect. It's really good seeing you again." "It was good seeing you too." "Can I drive you home?" He asked. "Um, no, I walked." I said chucking. "I'll just walk with you." I chuckled and said. "I think I can manage three blocks." "Well, I guess it's good night then." He said looking at me with a smile. "Okay." I said and nodded. "Maybe I'll come by the shop tomorrow." "Yeah, I'll have a triple caramel mocha waiting for you." I told him in agreement. "You remember." He said in shock and awe. "Some things you don't forget." I said to him. "Okay, yeah, I'll see you tomorrow then." "See you. Yeah." I said before walking back home to my apartment whilst looking back at Patrick.