You Find Out You're Pregnant

You sat on the couch in your's and Tom's apartment in complete silence. The only source of sound was the street below and the occasional pitter patter of Tessa's feet on the wood floors. You had moved in five months ago, but you still couldn't get used to big city life since you were from such a small town. It was easier when Tom was home though, because he made anywhere feel comfortable for you. You had been together for two years in total and, after meeting on your vacation to L.A., you were basically inseparable. At least you were when Tom was not working. Tom was away on the promo tour for Avengers: Infinity War, but luckily he would be back right after the premiere which is in two weeks. He'd already been gone six weeks and aside from feeling really lonely, you were dealing with another little issue. You had missed your period. Your body was tired and you thought back to six weeks ago, right before Tom left for the tour.

"I'm going to miss you so much darling." Tom sighed as he scooted closer to you in your bed. You felt his naked torso hit your back as he placed a soft kiss on your bare shoulder and his arms snaked around your waist to pull you into him. He was set to leave at 5:30am the next morning, but neither of you could sleep. You hated when he went away and you fought back tears as he held you because you knew it would be the last time for a few months.

"I'm going to miss you more," you reciprocated, sniffling lightly.

"I'm going to miss this most." He stated, letting out a dramaticized sigh.

"This?" you chuckled.

"Yes, this. Holding you right after we've made love and I'm going to miss your skin on mine and," he paused, kissing the back of your head and breathing in deeply, "I'm going to miss the way you smell," another kiss on the side of your neck, "and the way you taste." He finished, his lips now lingering on your shoulder again. You felt your cheeks heat up profusely at his compliments and you decided to turn around in his arms so your chests were together. Once you came face to face with him, he grinned.

"I love you," you whispered as your eyes moved from his deep brown ones down to his lips and back. He smiled again before leaning in and capturing your lips.

The grin that sat on your face as you thought of him faded slightly when you were brought back to the present. Your mind had been racing for two days and you were almost 100 percent sure you knew what was wrong with you. You picked up your phone and dialed your best friend's number because you didn't want to do this alone.

"Hey Y/F/N, how are you?" You start, wanting to ease into what you were about to say.

"Hey Y/N! I'm just watching some netflix and stuffing my face." She mumbled, as you hear another chip go into her mouth. You chuckle slightly and take in a big sigh afterwards. "Somethings wrong. What is it?" She asks, suddenly more attuned to your tone and behaviors. 

"I actually have something to share with you." You said hesitantly, knowing she was about to flip out. Her silence was an invitation to continue, but you paused, not knowing how to phrase it.

"Spit it out Y/N!" She groaned into the phone.

"IThinkI'mPregnant!" You yelled incredibly fast. You let out the breath you were holding in and waited for her to respond.

"You think you're p- what?" She whispered in disbelief.

"I-I think I'm pregnant." You said again, this time calmer and more confident.

"Oh my god, Y/N! What do you mean 'you think' like how do you know? Did you take a test? How do you feel?  Have you had your period? Oh my god!" Now she sounded excited and worried at the same time, but she just kept throwing out questions.

"I haven't taken one yet, but all the signs are there. I'm three weeks late, my body is tired all the time, my boobs are sore, and I just feel off. I don't really know how to explain it," you continue, trying to answer all her questions in one go.

"Well first things first, we have to get you a test! I'll be over in twenty." She yelled, her voice fading away from the phone as she flew up off her couch. "I'll call you back!" You heard from a distance.

You hung up the phone and decided to try to eat something since you hadn't eaten all day. You'd have to get used to eating more since you could be possibly eating for two. For two. The thought was so foreign to you since you had never had to think about anyone else, but yourself and Tom. You made some chicken nuggets in the oven and before you could sit down to eat them, there was a knock at the door. Tess perked up in her bed at the sound, but settled when she saw you headed for it. You opened it to find Y/F/N, looking giddy and holding two brown bags.

"I bought three...we have to be sure!" she squealed, quickly inviting herself in and dragging you to the bathroom. The first test was the most nerve wracking and you decided to do the three tests at once so you wouldn't have to keep trying to pee.  You never realized how slow three minutes was. You both sat on the bathroom floor next to the shower while the tests were a yard away, marinating. When the timer went off, you hesitated to get up.  "Aren't you going to look?" Y/F/N wondered aloud.

You took a deep breath and stood up, walking slowly towards the sink where the tests sat. You picked up all three and gasped slightly.

Two pink lines showed on each of the three tests. Your heart was beating rapidly as you turned around and leaned against the cool sink. 

"I'm pregnant"