↳ THIRTY-TWO

ALBEIT A SUCCESS in some ways, the day behind the LAPD had come with some letdowns as well, mostly because the mystery package containing something dangerous and costly was still in the wind

        ALBEIT A SUCCESS in some ways, the day behind the LAPD had come with some letdowns as well, mostly because the mystery package containing something dangerous and costly was still in the wind. However, as Izzy sat in the front seat of Mazikeen's car while the demon herself drove them towards Lux, the deputy decided to focus on the positive — at least they had caught the killer, and the streets of L.A had one less criminal going about their day. And after back-up had shown up, Maze's target had been questioned and the murderer had been handcuffed and taken away, they had all called it a day, and Izzy had turned many heads by getting into the same car as the infamously bold bounty hunter. For once, though, the looks didn't get to her.

          It had been a tiring week, and after the trial, thinking about her dad and the whole adventure with Benjamin, Izzy was really taking the time to be grateful for what she had. And while she had already praised Diane for being an amazing mother, as she sat there, enveloped in the soft rock tunes and the cool blow of the conditioning in the car, Isadora was starting to realize that Maze was someone she also valued greatly. Of course, her friends, in general, meant the world to her, but the ride to Lux gave her the moment she needed to understand that what she and Mazikeen had, was way beyond that. Way beyond a crush, even, and as hard as it was to sometimes admit, there was no path around the fact that Izzy was falling in love — or maybe she already had, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to take the risk of playing it safe.

          Sure, keeping her mouth shut would close out the option of rejection, but that would also take away the right to closure. She would never know — she would only live in doubt and wonder, in a sea of questions when she could revel in the answers. The pain would subside, the regret wouldn't. That kept her mind rather occupied, only pulled back to the present when Maze's fingers gently grazed her thigh, instantly snapping Izzy's head over to the woman.

          "You okay?", she knitted her eyebrows together, still in her dashing flight attendant outfit, and in response, Izzy merely smiled and nodded. It wasn't even a lie — she was okay, just brilliant, actually. Maybe, tonight would be the right time to be open about her feelings, instead of letting the kisses and embraces speak for her. And maybe, that was what Maze was planning on doing too, opening up, which was a big step for the both of them and certainly a fair explanation to the flammable tension lingering between them.

         As if Izzy needed any more confirmation that she wasn't just imagining the excited throb in her chest or the electricity sparkling between her and Maze, the latter proceeded to hold her hand for the rest of the ride — and as soon as they had parked by Lucifer's strangely quiet club, she was rushing to open the door for Izzy, a charmer as always. Yup, Izzy sighed adoringly when the heavenly woman offered her hand, a coy smile on her red lips and a twinkle behind her nearly black eyes, she was definitely falling.

         And it wasn't just the unimaginably hypnotizing beauty, either. It was that Maze opened the club's door for her, held her hand, managed to crack jokes yet there was a rare sense of vulnerability in her that she didn't allow around most. She trusted Izzy, and she showed all of herself to her — the good and the bad, the wicked and the beautiful, and that was what Isadora appreciated the most. That it wasn't just making out for them, it was desiring one another's company and comfort, being able to get real, supporting and holding each other when it was needed.