Telling Your Family

A/N: this takes place on May 10th 2018 for those of you who want to keep up with how far along Y/N is in the pregnancy  

9 weeks, 3 days

The drive to your hometown from the airport was a bit lengthy so with Tom behind the wheel of the rental car, you decided to lay back in your seat and have a nap. You and Tom decided to take a few days to go and see your family and tell them the news in person. Your parents had always loved Tom , but in all honesty you were nervous about how they would react to this news.

The next thing you remember after you fell asleep was Tom's hand on your arm and his soft voice in your ear.

"Y/N? Darling, wake up, we're here," he whispered and your eyes fluttered open, seeing Tom's silhouette in the dim car light. You smiled at him and removed his jacket from your legs. He must have laid it across you while you were asleep. You sat up as Tom stepped out of the car to see your childhood home right there in front of you. You sighed and stepped out of the car as well. Tom was already behind the car and opened the trunk to lift both of your bags out.

"Oh, Tom, let me get mine," you say as you rush over to help him, but he shakes his head.

"No, I don't want you carrying heavy things," he said seriously, adjusting the grip he had on the bags.

"I'm pregnant, not terminal," you chuckle, reaching again for the bag, but Tom pulled back and, instead, leaned his head forward to give you a quick kiss.

"You do not have to lift a finger, my love," he proclaimed dramatically as he pulled away from you, heading towards the front door of your parents house. You followed behind him, chuckling as he struggled to ring the doorbell with his hands full. You stepped beside him and pressed the small button, chimes filling your ears. You heard your dogs bark on the other side of the door and footsteps coming towards you. The door swung open to reveal your mom, your dad a few feet behind her, scolding the dogs for barking.

"There they are!" your mom exclaimed as she pulled both you and Tom in the door. Tom dropped your bags as your mom wrapped her arms around him, squeezing him tightly. Your dad walked up and put an arm around your shoulder, squeezing you as well.

"How you doing, bud?" your dad asked you and you just nodded, giving him a little nudge. You hadn't seen them since you moved to London with Tom six months ago unless you count the daily FaceTime call.

"Its so nice to see you again, Mrs. Y/L/N," Tom said politely before your mother finally released him. She then moved to you and your father reached a hand out to Tom. "Mr. Y/L/N," Tom said in his deep "man voice" as you liked to call it.

"Tom, how are you son," your dad give him a firm hand shake as your mom pretty much squeezed the life out of you.

"I'm good, sir," Tom answered politely, releasing your father's hand. Your mom let you go, holding you at arms length for a moment, taking you in.

"Mom, you saw me on FaceTime yesterday," you joked, "I look relatively the same." She playfully slapped your arm as she ushered you and Tom into the den where you saw your older sister, her husband, and her son sitting on the couch.

"Hey Y/N!" She raved, getting to her feet to give you a hug as well. Tom had meet your sister and her husband only once before, but he shook her husband's hand accordingly as you all greeted each other.

"How's the world's greatest three-year-old?" You yelled as your sister let go of you, turning your attention to the little blue-eyed boy that was sitting on the couch. He giggled as you walked towards him dramatically, wiggling your fingers in front of you. "Here comes the tickle monster," you tease and he lets out a squeal and tries to run, but you grab him and tickle him in your arms. You glance at Tom while you're holding your nephew and he has a hefty grin plastered on his face. You smirk at him, kissing your nephew one more time before setting him down on the couch again.