chapter 12

Julia sat on the living room couch, watching her mother take pictures of Dustin in his ghost buster costume. "Oh! I want to see those pearls!" Their mother cried out in joy. Dustin posed multiple times, each time using the proton pack he created.

"Jules go stand with your brother!" Without hesitation she stood up and posed next to him, both of them smiled, laughing at their mother's reaction. "Awe look at my babies, all grown up!"

Julia said goodbye to her mom and brother, hoping in her car to get to school. As she pulled up, she walked by Steve at his locker, being followed by Billy Hargrove. Billy leaned up against the locked next to hers, propping himself up on one arm.

"Well if it isn't THE Julia Henderson." Julia held in the urge to roll her eyes. In the day she met him, word about him spread faster than wild fire.

How he used girls like a toothpick then flicked them away like trash. How he treated his little sister like she was the gum on the bottom of his shoe.

She remained quiet, Billy continued to talk to the girl. "Listen, since you showed me to the office yesterday, I was thinking maybe I could show you to my bed tonight."

He licked his bottom lip, his eyes lingered on her chest. "I'll pass. Give your offer to someone else." Julia slammed her locker shut before trying to walk away.

Billy grabbed a hold of her arm, his grip tightening as she turned around. "What did you just say?" Steve walked up and ripped Billy's hand off of her arm. "She said no."

"Well, well, well, if it isn't King Steve. Didn't know you had two girlfriends."

Steve scoffed, "look dude, she said no. Just back the hell off." Billy held his hands up in surrender. A menacing smile on his face, "one day, she'll be begging for me."

And with that, he strutted off. Julia held her arm lightly where she was grabbed. Steve turned around, his stern face dropped into a look of concern.

"Are you okay? How hard did he grab you? Did he say anything else? Should I beat his ass?" Her eyes fell to the floor, still disappointed he didn't show up yesterday.

"No, but what you can do is give me $5 since I went to Block Buster to rent The Poltergeist and didn't even watch it." Steve's face went from concerned to regretful.

"Oh my god Jules I'm so sorry I totally forgot I had dinner with Nancy and the Holland's. I promise I'll make it up to you." Julia looked up at the boy, her heart began racing.

Ah there are the butterflies he gave her. She thought about it for a second. "Fine." The bell rung as Steve jumped up and down, giving her a tight hug. "Okay! I'll see you at Tina's party I love you!" He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and ran to class.
______________________________

Julia looked in the mirror, her red top, black leather jacket and black leggings made her body look slim, but also gave her a curvy figure.

Her hair was curled after using about 2 cans of Farrah Fawcett's hair spray, and she had ruby red heels on. She decided to dress as Sandy Olsson from one of her favorite movies, Grease.

She looked at herself one more time before grabbing her bag. She walked out after giving her mother a kiss on the cheek. Jonathan was kind enough to offer her a ride after dropping Will off to trick or treat with his friends. She walked out, her nerves were getting bad. Jonathan stared at her in awe. "Wow. You look, great."

"Thanks! Nice costume too, dude." She looked at the clothes he wore that day to school. "Just get in and let's go 'get sheet faced." She got into his car, the two of them singing to 'Don't You (Forget About Me).' The two enjoyed each others company on the way to the party.

Jonathan parked on the curb, she told him she would meet him inside. She took a look at herself one more time in the compartment mirror before taking a deep breath and walking up the drive way.

She stopped when she saw someone upside down from from the keg. The crowd around him chanted up to 42 seconds, the guy got down and that's when she realized it was none other than Billy Hargrove.

He spit the foam that was in his mouth out into the air, like a dragon does with fire. A mixture of sweat and alcohol glistened off his chest and torso showing off the six pack he had.

He took a puff of the cigarette Tommy passed him, and caught Julia staring at him. He walked over to her, a smirk proudly placed on his lips.

She said nothing, instead grabbed his hand and took the cig from in between his fingers. She took a quick puff for herself before throwing it on the ground, and stomping on it with her ruby red heels. Billy stared at the ashes as she strutted away with her head held high.

She immediately walked into the kitchen to grab herself a cup of what one guy said was "pure fuel." She poured herself more than half a cup, the mixtures of alcohol tasted like poison, but she quickly got over the nasty taste with every sip she took. For a girl her age, she could handle her alcohol rather well.

She turned around and bumped into someone, "oh sorry- woah." Steve mumbled, his eyes had gone wide and his mouth fell open. "Julia.. I.. you.. you look.. wow.. uh um amazing."

Steve fumbled his words around, his mouth suddenly got very dry. "Thanks Steve" she blushed at the nervous boy.  She looked around and saw her classmate Grace dancing. "I'll be right back, save a dance for me." She winked at the boy before heading over to her friend.