Part 7

Characters: reader, Bucky (Jimmy), Wanda, Clint.

Summary: Discovering the cute guy you just flirted with is the heir of a rival bakery, you suddenly find yourself running into him all over the city. Can your small boutique bakery compete? And how do you deal with the guy who seems determined to make your life a living hell? Luckily you're distracted by a secret admirer...But who is he? (Inspired by "You've Got Mail", Enemies to Lovers)

Warnings: none! Mild swearing?

Word Count: 2.5k

A/N: YOU GUYS. I hope you're excited. :D We've got more tasty pastries and snark and flirting and then.....well, you'll see. ;) Any and all feedback is appreciated ! I adore you all!! <3

_________________________________

Walking into the Nest the next morning, you felt quite confident about your new pastries. Stepping up to the counter, you weren't surprised to see Jimmy already there with boxes of his own and a bread rack full of bagels. Not even he could bring down your mood, though, as you set down the pastries and opened the top box. It was a different kind of smell that wafted up toward you with the savory items and even Jimmy was tantalized by it.

"Ooh, these look new," you heard Clint comment as he handed Jimmy his paperwork.

"They are," you confirmed with a wide grin. "Sun-dried Tomato and Havarti scones finished with cream and coarse sea salt. And these are Pear and Smoked Gouda Croissants with a spicy mustard," you finished describing with a proud nod of your head. Even your admittedly-handsome competition seemed impressed.

"Wow. They sound amazing," Clint said as he reached for a small plate and a knife. "Guess I'll give them a try, huh?"

Clint lifted one of the scones with a pair of tongs, placed it on a plate and cut off a piece before popping it in his mouth.

"Mmm. Oh wow," he muttered with his mouth full. "That's incredible. Jimmy, you gotta try this."

The tall brunet barely hesitated before he had a piece of scone in hand. You watched his eyes grow wide upon first taste and all you could do was smile. This was your favorite part. Yes, you loved being in the kitchen and creating, but seeing people's reactions to something you've put so much love and time into making, that was what you yearned to see.

Clint was already sneaking a second piece when Jimmy finally swallowed and gave his opinion.

"It's, uh....that's good. I like that combination," he uttered calmly, clearly downplaying his reaction for your benefit. It didn't matter what he thought, though, only Clint. Nothing could bring you down this morning.

"Yeah, I thought those flavors would complement each other. This croissant, on the other hand...that took some creativity. There's a hint of sweetness from the pear but the gouda and mustard really round out the flavor profile. Here," you offered, picking up one of the croissants and cutting it in half. You offered the plate to the two gentleman.

Clint took a bite and practically groaned as you bounced happily on the balls of your feet. He liked it, you knew it!

"So?" you prompted.

"Uh mah gah," the blond man nodded enthusiastically with mouth full. "Yeah. That's one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth," he finally said more clearly after swallowing.

Jimmy, on the other hand, was silent and when you looked over, he had devoured the pastry and was currently licking every morsel from his fingers. You let out a giggle when you heard a small groan from the back of his throat, but when Jimmy saw you noticed, he masked it with a cough as he swallowed.