Chapter 68

Natalie's Pov

I begin to slowly open my eyes as I welcome the smell of hospital. Eww. I open my eyes completely as I find Xander asleep at my side. My I.V probed hand in his. I run my fingers through his curls as I smile at the soft touch. I immediately sit up and he stares at me in happiness. "Oh my angel!" He kisses me all over my face making me giggle as he holds my cheeks in his hands and takes a seat on the side of the bed.

"Why didn't you tell me about my father angel. You know I would never want you to keep something like that from me." He tells me sternly and I laugh at his seriousness until I find he isn't smiling. "Because. Your father threatened to hurt you and you know I would never let that happen especially not if I could change that in any way. He would've come after you and it would've been my fault for not protecting you." I finish.

"Angel I don't care what he or whoever threatens to do to me. You never ever put your life before mine. Ever. Do you understand angel? And my father only said that to scare you. He knows he could in no way overpower me. I almost lost you today angel. I never ever want to feel like that again do you understand?"

I smile and reply with a yes as I kiss his lips in attempt to make him feel better. I ended up telling him everything about his father offering me money to leave him or his planned tricks to make it seem like I was unfaithful. He already knew he would try to do something like that and said he'd never believe him over me.

I suddenly remember something. And I don't know how in green eggs and ham I could forget. "Where are the babies?" I ask him worriedly. He simply smiles before standing up. He gently picks up two little bundles, one in pink and the other in blue. He then carefully places our babies in my arms and I begin to tear up at the sight of them. "They're so beautiful Xander...they look just like you". I smoother their little faces in sweet butterfly kisses.

"Mommies precious sweet little angels. Aww. Daddy and I are gonna love you two forever and ever. We're gonna pamper you and feed you until your overly chubby". He chuckles at my words as the babies both making little cooing sounds. Our baby girl then smiles up at us. "Look Xander! She smiled". I gasp excitedly as he gets completely in the bed with me and one arm around my waist. "What should we name them angel?"

"Can we please name our baby girl faith?"
I ask him nervously. He kisses my head. "Of course my love. And I was thinking of Noel for our baby boy".

"I love it. I love them and I love you". I tell him before kissing his lips. We hear a knock at the door before the doctor appears. She seems really friendly. "Well hello there Natalie. I'm happy to see your awake and enjoying the company of your husband and beautiful newborns. Now I have a few rules. First we're gonna run a few tests later on today after you feel a bit more rested but we're going to have to keep you here for the next few days to let your body recover from giving birth and also to keep a close eye on you from you bullet wound."

Ugh I remember it like it was yesterday. Who am I kidding technically it was this morning. "Yes doctor. Also when would it be a good time for me to start breast feeding?"

"In about an hour or so." I thank her with a smile as she leaves. Xander carefully takes our baby Noel into his arms as he cuddles his tiny little sleeping form close. I watch in amazement as he grabs his daddies finger in his tiny chubby little hand. Faith begins to lightly cry but I'm able to rock her back to sleep.

After about an hour or so, Martha came in the room to see the babies as she kept chanting how beautiful "Her little angel grand babies are". I was even more shocked when the guys came in to room too to meet the new little lives they will now have to protect also. Gabby and her family were the last ones to get here and she said she already wants a baby of her own now but only until she finds the right guy of course. She finally ended up breaking up with Kyle and it's going to take some time for her to get used to being single but I told her if she needed anything I would be there.