Caregiver | Part 3

Mrs Kim entered the cabin-like house as if nothing ever bothers her, and you're still standing outside with some doubts that made you to stay put. Few minutes ago you're astonished by the size of the mansion, and now you're in a great bewilderment.

Seeing you stood like a statue outside the shack, Mrs Kim walked back to you. "Suyin? Mind to tell me with whatever second thoughts you had?"

You shifted your gaze from the shack to the healthy middle aged woman. "Your son lives here? I thought he's somewhere in the big house–"

"Yes, I know." She cut you off, in a calm tone. "There's a reason why he stayed here. Come. Let's not waste any time. My son probably needs help already."

She made a gesture of getting inside the shack, and you finally followed her steps without any further questions. As soon as Mrs Kim closed the door behind, once again, you're astonished of how modern the inside of the shack. The size of the shack is almost the same size of your home, except that the place where you stand looks way more advanced and modern than the place where you live with your family.

"If you wanna know, this place is actually a barn. But, since we already have a whole storage room, so my husband and I decided to renovate it into a suitable place to stay." She explains. You just nod your head although you didn't ask. Well, it surely answered one of the questions inside your head.

"Here."

She handed you a piece of paper, with a content of to-do list in it. "I'll go and check on my son. Be right back." She excused herself, and you nod as if you're giving your permission.

So you go through the whole to-do list:

Morning
Prepare breakfast
Help young Mr Kim to the bathroom
Make the bed
Medication
Ask if he needs help

Afternoon:
Prepare lunch
Set the dining table ready
Clean up the room
Medication
Coffee (around 3 pm)
Ask if he needs help

Evening
Help young Mr Kim to the bathroom
Prepare dinner
Set the dining table ready
Make the bed
Medication
Chamomile tea (10 pm)
Ask if he needs help

You reread the task again, make sure you understand so you won't bother to ask. As you contemplated the whole content on the paper, seems to you it looks easy to do. But you still doubt what will happen to you during that period of time until you finished the contract.

You haven't properly met the guy whom you're going to take care of yet. And you don't know how is he like.

"Suyin?"

You flinched at the sudden voice that broke the silence surround you. You clumsily spinning around and found the woman looking at you with the friendly sweet smile on her face.

"Yes, madam?" there's a slight tremble in your voice because you were completely zoning out for god knows how long. But there's something, well, someone, that catches your eyes. And his presence is behind the middle aged woman, giving you a cold stare which also giving you chills in return.

"So this is my babysitter?" He asked, moving his one arm to complete the arm folding since his other arm was fully bandaged. His deep voice somehow add more chills down to the spine. Seeing him in an advanced motorised wheelchair with one broken arm, now you finally understand why you had to do most of the easy tasks.