| 1 | sleepless nights

The rather large bed in Daisy's room was not big enough to fit both her and her brother Pierre yet she lay there quietly not making a move.

It was a day like most days in the Cohen mansion. Harvey, Daisy's older brother had come home both drunk and high, and was now having an argument with their parents. It was a big house, but it wasn't big enough to drown out the sounds of their parents yelling just a floor beneath them.

They could hear every word, no matter how muffled it sounded. 'When is it ever going to end?' whispers Pierre. Unsure if his sister was awake or asleep. Daisy sighed in reply, indicating she was awake and the commotion downstairs was going to be very hard for her to block out.

Daisy has three older brothers. The oldest is Kaden who rarely ever got into any trouble with their mom and dad. Then came Harvey, who is a year younger than him and was a good boy until he became a drug addict and his personality shifted completely. As for Pierre, he's a year older than Daisy and after the whole addiction thing the two have become closer as the years go on.

For the past three years their brother Harvey has been in and out of rehab centers. Nothings worked, or at least not permanently. There were times when Harvey would give everyone hope that the family drama would end but maybe a month or two later he'd fall back into the same hole and it was hard to get him out.

The fights and the arguments and the fear were all things that the Cohen's were growing accustomed to. Daisy was sure her brother was going to die, she just had no clue when. She never knew how to feel, or to react, and she hadn't had a real conversation with Harvey since he started using. As for Kaden, he's heartbroken.

Kaden and Harvey were extremely close and when Kaden realized there was nothing he could do about it, it killed him. But no one had it as hard as Pierre.

Pierre had extremely bad luck and he'd always find Harvey in the worst state possible. Once he'd found him passed out on the floor of his bathroom, half naked with an empty bottle of pills laying beside him; he'd overdosed.

Another time Pierre had been in the car with him when he drove drunk and crashed into a tree. And there were more events that led up to Pierre's fear.

For a while now Pierre hasn't been able to sleep alone, especially on nights where he has nightmares or when the sound of his brother screaming maniacally would awaken him from his peaceful slumber.

This leads him to his sisters bedroom, where he feels safer knowing that Daisy won't judge him for being the slightest bit afraid. She isn't like Kaden who will call him a wimp, or a little boy for not wanting to be alone at night. Instead she'll hug him and let him sleep beside her, sometimes she'll tell him stories to drown out the sound of the yelling.

But tonight they boy lay in silence in Daisy's bedroom hoping to fall asleep sooner than later.

********

a/n:

I know Timmy is not in the chapter but I just needed to give some background on Daisy and her life at the time before meeting Timmy. Usually fanfics start off with the main characters meeting right away but I felt it would be more personal if you had a look into Daisy's life before Timothée comes into it.