Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

Tonight Brendan has a surprise date planned and I'm really excited. I think tonight I'm going to tell him how I really feel about him.

That I love him.

And it'll be for real, not just some slip up during a phone call when I'm beyond exhausted.

I'm pretty nervous about it.

As I'm leaving the apartment to meet him downstairs, Casey and Jordyn wish me good luck and fix any flaws in my outfit and makeup.

When they finally let me go, I head downstairs and he's leaning against the passenger door, waiting for me. I greet him with a hug and a kiss and he opens the door for me, making me glare at him. I even told him it weirds me out. I swear he just does it out of spite.

At a certain point while he's driving, he asks me to close my eyes. I'm about to give him a sarcastic remark, but I decided against it and closed them, trusting that he's not taking me somewhere horrible.

I feel the car come to a stop and he tells me I can open my eyes. When I do, I'm disappointed to see we're in a parking garage. Wow, great surprise.

We get out of the car and he takes my hand before leading us out of the garage and when we're on the street, I feel like my heart explodes.

We're standing in front of a brightly lit theatre with a giant Wicked poster hanging up.

I fucking love Wicked.

"Are you," I take a pause, "are you serious?"

"Yeah," he answered with a smug smile.

"Oh my God, I love you," I said without a second thought. And that is not how I imagined that was going to go.

Too late now!

He seems to just brush it off and he leads me inside the theatre. I'm a little disappointed at his reaction, but I decided to leave it at that because it was pretty sudden. He might think I meant it out of a 'oh my gosh you just did an awesome thing for me' kind of I love you rather than an 'I actually love you with everything I have' I love you.

At the curtain call, I'm cheering and practically crying for joy as the actors bow. The show was absolutely amazing and I wish it wasn't over.

We leave with the crowd and make our way back to the parking deck.

The drive home is silent except for the music on the radio and I'm honestly scared that I scared him with my declaration.

I climb out of the car when we reach my apartment complex and he follows suit, probably walking me to my door.

The climb up the stairs is also silent and it's honestly starting to feel suffocating.

I really messed up with telling him.

"Well, goodnight," I said when we reached my door, quite discouraged.

As I'm opening the door, he stops me with a simple hand on my shoulder and I turn to face him, looking up at him with a hopeful expression.

"I love you," he lowly stated before capturing my lips with his.

And with that declaration, I couldn't be happier.