Chapter 28

It took awhile to get Zico to pull himself together, Namjoon had managed to hoist him onto the couch. Zico's in a daze, he's not with you, he's hollow.

He didn't want to look at anyone, his heart was breaking in ways he never imagined it would. Just by telling you who you were to him, to Namjoon, it broke him. He couldn't understand how you forgot all the good times that you had together.

And those special moments you shared when you two were alone.

God, you affected him, you affected Namjoon too. He knew it, which is why he pressed for them to share you, so they could both cherish and treasure you like they had once before.

"So," Zico bears you clear your throat, "If you don't mind I was going to start asking some questions."

"Whatever you need to know, we'll answer." Namjoon says as he elbows Zico's side. He only blinks and shifts his position on the couch as his answer. Was he ready to stroll down memory lane? A lane in which you didn't even remember a single detail?

"How... How close were we... when we were kids?" Zico's eyes slowly drift over to you and you flinch when you see how soulless his eyes looked.

"Closer than family," Zico's voice is gruff as he leans his head back on the couch as he looks at you, "We loved each other."

"You say that a lot, but at what degree?"

"Dammit, Y/N! Do I have to say it in English?" Namjoon rested a hand on Zico's shoulder.

"Zic, calm down... she can't remember, it's ok."

"No! No, it's not ok! Joon we spent our entire lives worrying about her, about if she was ok, what she had been doing with her life. We spent years looking for her, we... we finally get to have her back! But God's played us, we don't have her fully! She doesn't remember who we are—" Namjoon presses a firm hand to Zico's mouth.

"God has nothing to do with this," Namjoon groans, "Appreciate that she's here, that we get to be here with her. Appreciate that she's trying her best to get to know our past."

Zico's tears were pooling over Namjoon's hand. His breathing was shaky and Zico's expression looked pained. Zico slowly peeled Namjoon's hand off his face and nodded his head.

"You're right," Zico struggled to swallow, "I'm sorry Y/N, I shouldn't have said that..."

"It's ok," Your voice was soft and soothing and you take his hand, "It must be hard for you."

Zico wipes his eyes with his other hand and sniffs, you were right. It was extremely hard for him, but he swallowed his feelings down and decided that you needed to know everything you questioned.

Zico stroked his thumb on the back of your hand and looked into your eyes, "We were in love. We were so in love." Zico let out a breathy laugh as he smiled at you, "Joon and I would kiss you and you would return it, every time."

"We were young and in love, no one could tell us anything different." Namjoon grabs your other hand and holds it tenderly, "We had spent years trying to win you over."

"I remember it was the day before your birthday when we gave you the first kiss." Zico smiles as he looks at Namjoon, "Remember? We took her to the hide out?"

"Yeah, we had it all planned out, we took you there saying that we had a surprise. We kissed you on the cheek." Namjoon's eyes were glazed over as he reminisces, "You said you loved us."

"And we love you," Zico sniffs as he continues to look into your eyes, constantly searching for any sort of response that you remembered, that you were going to say you loved him too.