Chapter 15

"It can't because..."

"Just say it already!" Ming raised his voice, impatient over Chun's delayed speech.

"Because it's pregnant!" finally getting the words out of his mouth, Chun's eyes turned to the fox with full of sadness.

Ming couldn't believe his ear, he stood frozen on the spot with a look of pure surprise and disbelief due to the sudden info that was thrown at him.

He wondered why it was struggling to keep up, now he knew.

Literally, that will explain why the fox looked quite puffy around the stomach and how it whimpered in pain during the standoff, its because it was pregnant!!! 'Damn'

Facing back to the fox, Ming knew it won't be able to keep up soon, from its slight whimpers, rough breathing and injury he didn't know why but he couldn't just walk away and leave even though he said he will only just watch.

Ming knew he had to do something the feeling in his gut was too strong to ignore so quickly he started racking through his head for countless ideas, a thought came to mind, whether or not it will work he decided to just go with it.

"Chun"

"Yes master"

"What did you wanted to tell me before" Ming questioned, hoping the answer was what he thought off.

"Ahh, how can I forget!!! Master, I obtain Xinyi ice element. He told me to meditate so I did and then a couple of minutes later, I guess I absorbed energy or something and all I know is that I could also use his power" Chun scratched his cheeks, he somehow forgot to inform his master the good news due to the beast cry that interrupted him.

'Arghh why am I so forgetful"

Hearing this Ming sigh in relief, he was right those specks of blue light that absorbed into Chun wasn't just anything but the power he received due to the contract he has with Xinyi. Though he didn't know it will be an ice ability, the first thought in mind when he saw the blue specks was something like the usual water element.

How he knew all of this well he somehow figured this out bit by bit, he concluded that like a cultivation or magical world the extra particle in this world was similar to Qi and Mana he doesn't know what people call it here but he knows for sure that you can only attain them once you contract with a mythical beast.

When you contract to the beast it isn't like you just sign a contract and you're done, no it was more like the contract itself forms and changes the human body, so it allows a person to have the capabilities of using powers, like an extra storage. Though Ming also reckons that you can also exhaust your powers at a certain limit and that you could somehow level up but that is only when your beast level up first.

He doesn't know what rank or level a beast can level up to but once he arrives at the capital he will surely go and find out, after all, the original had no knowledge of anything since he only cared about wealth and fortune. 'Aiya the original is so helpless,' he sighed to himself.

He's only guessing right at the moment but if he did contract to a beast one day he will surely test out the theory whether it was true or not, only time can tell.

Since Chun had already received his abilities, Ming could finally stick with his plan, "Chun, I have a plan to save the fox but you will have to use your abilities for it to proceed" Ming spoke seriously.