Chapter 34

--Xander's P.O.V.--

I groan when I hear the annoying sound of my phone vibrating on my bedside table. I pat around trying to grab it. I finally find it looking at the caller ID to see Tony. 

"What?" I grumble rubbing the sleep from my eyes as I turn onto my back.

"Well, good morning to you too, asshole," He responds. I roll my eyes.

"What do you need?" I say faking a joyful tone. I hear a sigh from the other end of the phone.

"I booked you for a thing tonight, to your request," he says. Now it's my turn to sigh.

"Alright," I say sitting up and heading for my closet.

"I figured we would meet up and you could practice. It's been a while," he adds as I hear shuffling in the background.

"Okay I'll meet you guys there in...30 minutes," I say. I hear an 'alright' before hanging up the phone.

I grab a duffle bag putting in 2 pairs of underwear, shorts, and tank tops. I grab my wraps from the back of my closet and put them in as well. I lay the bag on my bed before grabbing some jeans and a t-shirt. I put those on then my tennis-shoes. I grab my bag again and head for the living room. I see my mom looking at her phone with sorrowful eyes.

"Hey mom, I'm gonna go to Tony and go out, I might be home late," I say. She nods her head.

"Alright, honey. Stay safe," she says turning back to her phone. I let out a sigh before going out the door to my car. I get in starting the car and head out.

----

I arrive at the gym and park my car. I get out opening the back door grabbing my bag slinging it over my shoulder. I head to the entrance and enter to get meet with the familiar scene. I look around to try and find Tony but don't see him anywhere. I sigh before heading for the office. I knock and hear a quick 'come in' before opening the door.

"Xander? Woah. What are you doing here? Haven't seen you in a while," Adrian says in disbelief. He is the owner of the gym. He trained Tony and I while we were coming here well, I know Tony still comes here.

"Hey Adrian, It has been a while hasn't it?" I question rubbing the back of my neck.

"Yeah, it has. What brings you here," He asks.

"Um, I'm gonna practice with Tony," I reply. He nods his head with a knowing look before leaning forwards with his fingers crossed.

"I see. Did something happen?" He asks with concern. I let out a long sigh.

"Uh, yeah, actually, my mom lost her nursing job," I answer. He's kind of like a father to me, he knows about the shit our family has been through and helps me when he can. He sort of the reason I was able to fight back against my father.

"I'm sorry that happened Xander. How has she been doing?" He questions with concerned features. 

"I think she's just upset they let her go after how hard she works to get that job. I know she works her hardest at it so it's fucked up and I can't believe they did that to her," I say with slight irritation.

"Why did she lose her job?" He asked.

"Something about 'money'. It's complete bullshit,"

"That sucks man. Well, come to me if you need anything alright?" He says. I nod my head.

"Have you seen Tony?" I ask him.

"He already went back with Adam so he should be back there," He replies. I nod my head and go out the door. I walk towards the back to see Tony hitting a punching bag with Adam just sitting on his phone.