Chapter Sixty Four

It had been two months since Hajiya Turai was taken to a therapist but Ahmad never cared to pay a visit to her, Shukrah tried to persuade him to do so but he deliberately refused. He was not interested in anything concerning their mother, he was too busy trying to get his new house ready for his wife, daughter, and hopefully his daughter's other mother, Zarah. He felt that their old home was full of dark memories and settling in a new one meant a fresh start and he vowed to make the memories in the future worth reliving.

He visited Zarah frequently, trying to patch things up with her too, but she was hell bent on not going back to his house. He wanted to amend his mistakes, to make his family whole again but Zarah insisted that she was not a part of his family, and she needed to find her happiness somewhere. When he saw how adamant she was, he began avoiding the topic but he kept on paying her visits, hoping they would be able to kindle their relationship once again. Whenever he got the chance after visiting Safaa he always went to her.

He took his laptop and drove to his Uncle's house so that Safaa could make her choices concerning the interior design of her own side of their new home. There was no one inside the house when he arrived and after so many minutes of waiting in the living room, a Maid came and told him about the absence of her madam and that Safaa was at the living room upstairs. Ahmad thanked the Maid before going upstairs where he found Safaa sleeping on a couch with a book over her face, he took it off and scrutinized her, she looked tired and he knew their vexatious daughter was behind it. He sat on the couch opposite the one she was sleeping on and simply stared at her.

Minites later, Safaa sighed in her sleep and mumbled some incoherent words before opening her beautiful hazel eyes. She roamed her eyes around the living room and when it settled on her husband she frowned making him laugh at her funny face.

"What?" She asked groggily.

"What were you saying before waking up? You also snored" He said acting like he had not mentioned something she hated so much.

"I snored? Hell no, That is so not true" She panicked.

"So am I liar then?"

"I didn't say that and even if I did snore your daughter is the one messing up my sleeping habit, I got to sleep because Maa agreed to go with her to Inna's house" She mumbled sitting up.

"Sorry Babe, She would change soon" He said walking to her.

"That's what everyone's been telling me, I am getting older than my age because of her" Safaa whined.

"She's our daughter" He smiled sitting next to her.

"Yes Habibi, our bundle of joy, do you know how my heart swells with happiness when she smiles at me, no matter how frustrating she makes my life, It's just so amazing living with her, Alhamdulillah"

"Well I know all the complaints are just your way of getting attention and all that, She's like her Mama"

"Nah she's like her Papa"

"You know we can spend all day talking about the one who's an attention seeker between you and I, so let me just bring out something that will make us busy, I brought samples of the designs and I'm sorry babe, You have to choose from them this time around, the designer is already getting tired of us" He explained, because it was the fifth sample he brought to Safaa.

She was satisfied with one of the designs after they had spent an hour deliberating on it. And he sent it to the interior designer before they walked together to Inna's house.

Ahmad left after a while and  leisurely drove around town. He stopped at Zarah's favorite ice cream parlor and bought the flavor she loved and ended up texting her to expect him in some minutes.