Chapter Six: Sleeping Under the Stars

**TIME SKIP TO LATER IN THE NIGHT**

After going through two orders of potstickers, one extra large cheese pizza, and two tubs of ice cream, Kara is cuddling on Lena, with a blanket over both of them, and Lena holding Kara in her arms, providing her warmth and comfort as she shivered a bit. Lena let her wear and insisted Kara keep a pair of her Adidas sweatpants, and her S.T.A.R. Labs t-shirt and hoodie. The t-shirt and hoodie were a little big on her but made her look even more adorable.

The two were finishing up Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Lena's choice, as she was a big Star Wars nerd.

"I still don't understand how you've never seen these movies before," Lena remarks as she rubs Kara's forehead with one hand, the other still holding her.

Kara shrugs in response. "Well now that you've introduced me to them, I'll almost be as much as a nerd of this as you are."

Lena laughs a bit, sending the vibrations of her voice down Kara's back, making her feel good and warm. "Oh, young padawan, you have a long way to become a master nerd, just like I am."

Kara turns over as the movie finishes, grinning from ear to ear. "I understood that reference!"

Lena laughs. "You're adorable," she says before she leans down to kiss her. Kara puts her arms around Lena's neck as the raven dark hair falls down around Kara's head as they continue to kiss. Kara sits up and puts her head on her shoulder.

Lena wraps her arms around Kara. Should I ask her?, Lena thought to herself. Lena thought about it for a moment, then made her decision. She opened her mouth to speak. Before she could even get a word out, thunder made the house shake, which made Kara jump a little and put her face into the crook of Lena's neck and shoulder.

"Hey, I've got you. Always," Lena says as she rubs Kara's back.

Kara looks up at Lena with her bright blue eyes. Well, Lena could tell they were bright, even if it was dark in the room, with the only light coming from the television. "Can we just go to bed?"

"Of course, darling. Come on," Lena says as she picks up the light girl from off the couch.

Kara yelps a little. "Lee! I didn't know you could carry me!" Kara exclaims as she wraps her arms around Lena's neck, making sure she doesn't fall.

"Relax, Kar, I'm not going to drop you," Lena says as she goes up the stairs, holding onto Kara tight to make her feel better.

"I like in when you hold me. I feel safe," Kara says as she blushes a little pink.

"Now, would you like your own room when the thunderstorm continues tonight, or would you like me to hold you as you fall asleep in my room?" Lena asks the girl in her arms as they reach the top of the stairs.

"Your room, please," Kara grins in response just at the thought of being in Lena's arms.

Lena makes her way to her room in the dark and puts Kara on one side of the bed, then walks to the other side, and they both get in.

Lena wraps her arms around Kara. "Look up," she whispered.

Kara does what she says and lets out a little gasp.

"You like it? The white dots, stars, and moon are actually painted in glow in the dark paint, so I can fall asleep underneath the stars," Lena explains softly as Kara looks all around the ceiling, seeing different constellations.

"It's beautiful," Kara whispered, then looks back at Lena. "Just like you."

Lena bites her lip a little, not knowing if Kara could see her in the dark. "Not as beautiful as you," the Luthor says before kissing her forehead, feeling Kara get a little warm from blushing. "Kar, can I ask you something?" Lena asks, still speaking softly.

"Of course, Lee, shoot."

"W-will you be my girlfriend?" She asks without hesitation, with a little stutter, and her accent.

"You only stutter when your nervous, and your accent comes out more whenever you talk to me," Kara points out.

Lena chuckles a little bit. "Yeah, Sam said the same thing."

Kara finds Lena's hand in the dark and holds it, looking right into Lena's emerald eyes she could see in the dark. "Lee, of course I'll be your girlfriend. It would mean the world to me if we could be together."

Lena grins and kisses Kara, feeling her grin against their kiss. "You've made me the happiest girl on earth."

"Anything to make you happy," Kara says, then yawns.

"We should get some sleep. It's late," Lena says with her accent fully.

"I love your accent, never stop."

"I need to stop if I want some sleep."

"Oh, all right. Good night, Lee," Kara says as she snuggles into Lena's chest.

Lena kisses the top of the blonde's head. "Good night, Kara."

They both fall asleep in each other's arms, to each other's breaths, and underneath the stars.

A/N Eeeeee I'm sooo excited for this. This has progressed AMAZINGLY I'm so happy!!! Hope you like it!

Lj