We Should Go To Bed

Pretty soon, half of the food is eaten and Camila's head rests in my lap, her being fast asleep and therefore not noticing her change in position.

I don't mind, though. Instead, I absentmindedly play with her hair while I watch the late night tv show which is supposed to be funny, though my attention is mainly preoccupied with what happened with my parents tonight.

They were pissed, I mean really pissed. I don't even understand why! It's not like they thought she was younger, they met her and found out her age immediately. They're acting like she's some creepy 60-year-old dude, not like she's Camila. I don't know what her being a teacher has to do with anything really.

I mean, sure, there are legal issues but I break the law all the time, and they know that. Nothing major, though. Underage drinking and whatnot, stuff everyone does. Still, they're overreacting.

"You'd better break up with her and get a schedule change, Y/n!" Mama had said sternly, "I don't want to see that disgusting woman with you again!"

I'd tried to sweeten it by telling them about my (surprising) rise in grades, but they were having none of it, claiming that Camila was raising them in payment for me being with her, which is not true. She's told me herself that nothing about my grades will change unless I change them myself.

I let out a deep breath when Camila shifts slightly in my lap before suddenly sitting up, her hair stuck to half of her face and her eyes barely opening while she tries to gather her thoughts.

"Morning, sleepy head." I laugh quietly, making her frown at me.

"It's morning?" She questions in a slightly raspy voice. God, that's hot, even while she looks like this.

"No, I was joking." I inform her so as not to confuse her further in her tired state, "It's actually..." I check the time on my phone, "Oh, it is the morning. It's one o'clock."

She nods, wiping the sleep from her eyes and saying, "We should go to bed. I don't want you being uncomfortable on the sofa."

"I don't mind." I offer, knowing that she secretly wants to lay back down in my lap judging by the way her eyes keep falling to it.

"No, come on." She refuses as if convincing herself before rising from the sofa and turning the TV off. She chugs the rest of her water before neatening up the food a little, closing bags and such, and leading me upstairs.

"Thanks for letting me stay," I say gratefully as I follow her down the hallway and into what I'm assuming is the guest room. As the words fall from my lips, I can't help but sense the double meaning behind them.

"You're welcome here any time, Y/n." She says in reply, "I love spending time with you."

"And I do with you." I smile, pulling her into a hug and kissing the corner of her jaw quickly. When I pull away, she's blushing and smiling, a fantastic combo.

"Goodnight, Y/n." She whispers, trailing her thumb down my arm.

"Night, Camila." I grin back, watching her leave the room and close the door behind her before getting out of my clothes and climbing into bed. Next time I'm planning on staying over somewhere, I should really bring pyjamas.