Chapter 11

Hi. *waves crazily at the reader*

Also just wanted to mention @Rasta_Ally @ErinGreen904 @nom02blue ! For making my day:)

Here's a new chapter. Now let me watch Naruto in peace! I need to relate to my siblings, seriously. Haha.

Chapter 11

Clothes

It was evening when I got back.

Hugging the art supplies I bought, I waited for the elevator to stop at our floor. When it did, I stepped out of the elevator and pressed the passcode into the keypad.

I was feeling drained from the day I had. That memory... all that pain and confusion the child-me was feeling. Even now, there was a squeeze in my chest.

When the door buzzed, I pushed it open... and was immediately taken aback by what I saw.

Three people were in the room and none of them noticed me coming in. Susan, Davidson and Zach... Zach.

Zach shouted into his phone with an expression I had never seen him wear before.

"I don't care about those details! She couldn't have gone far..." he growled, "Find her!"

Susan was wringing her hand as she stepped closer to him.

"Zach, dear..."

Zach whipped in her direction so fast even I flinched, "Tell me again. How did she get out of the house without you noticing?"

Susan was in shock at the tone of voice he used at her. Davidson immediately came between them with a grim face. "Sir, please calm down."

"Calm down?" he asked between gritted teeth, "I know I've never given her the password to the door. And how does she know not to take her phone with her?!"

They were talking about me.

What was he saying? I simply forgot the phone because I wasn't used to having one since when I woke up. And I was rushing to take care of those clothes before Susan came back because I didn't know what to have to explain to her if she asked what I was doing.

Susan looked about to cry. Davidson at a loss for words...

I took a few steps into the room. "What's going on?" I asked weakly.

Three heads snapped in my direction as Susan gasped. "Scarlett!"

Zach was already walking in my direction, so livid it made me mute. He pulled at my arm none too gently that I dropped my paper bag. The contents scattering on the floor. I could only stare at him, not recognizing the person standing in front of me. Warning bells started ringing inside my head.

"Zachary!"

"Sir Harrington!"

"Z-Zach," the name fell from trembling lips, my hand going to his grasping arm. It tightened and I flinched.

"Where. Have. You. Been?" his words were snarled, every syllable tightening his grip on me.

I was in unfamiliar waters. Even my forgotten memories screamed agreement... I'd never encountered this person before. My heart started slamming against my ribcage.

"I-I only went out..."

Wrong answer, Scarlett.

His expression became uglier and his voice thundered.

"Only went out?!" he lifted his free hand to express his disbelief and for a second I thought he was going to hit me. "All your clothes are gone and I had to cancel two important meetings and you just went out?"

I knew then I did wrong. I was suddenly scared to admit what I did, and my words were stumbling over each other.

"I g-gave the clothes away," my voice was barely a whisper.

"Gave them away!" the incredulity made me want to cower. "Why the hell would you do that?"

Tears sprang to my eyes without my will. "B-because I didn't like t-them."

"What?!" he was hearing but I doubt the words were registering in his head.

"L-last night... last night, everyone was staring at me because of my dress, r-remember? I don't want that kind of attention." I shook my head, staring into the fire in his eyes.

He didn't say a word.

I breathed in deeply, willing the tears back, "A-and you hated it too. Y-you said... they were undressing me with their eyes." I bit my lip, hesitating if I should add the last part, "I know you were angry... and I-I don't want you to be angry with me."

Like right now.

The look on his face said he didn't believe me. I didn't know what else to say. That was it. And I simply stared back, waiting. But he still wasn't speaking.

"I-I'm sorry I forgot my phone... that I didn't tell you," he raised an eyebrow at me, "And please don't be angry with Susan, she didn't know either."

"Dear..." I heard Susan's voice somewhere from the backdrop. But my focus was on Zach's eyes... watching, praying for the scalding blue fire to die out in them. And he was staring at me too. Before they broke contact and slid to my body, and narrowing back to mine.

"What are you wearing?"

I didn't know why his opinions mattered, but they did. Was I wrong? Did he actually like my old clothes?

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I heard the doorbell ring. And that before a new voice spoke.

"You might want to unhand the lady, kid."

Larry! How did he get in? He set down our earlier purchases as he watched the scene with deceptive calm.

Zach turned to the newcomer, fury back in his face. He pushed me behind him.

"Who the hell are you?"

Larry assessed him for a second. "Me? I'm just the cab driver," his gray eyes then turned to me and with a mocking voice said, "You didn't tell them why you were late, child? Is that why this boy is reacting this way?" he hooked a thumb at Zach.

My eyes widened, "Larry, it's o—"

"She fainted," Larry stated flatly, "They called an ambulance and she was taken to the hospital. They ran a few tests before letting her out. That's why she's late."

*Insert explosions here*

And if you appreciated the chapter, vote, comment, share the story and follow! Feedbackis seriously appreciated.

Picture at the top is Scarlett in her new clothes. (Picture not mine, credits to owner:))