Attraction

Aurora woke up with the pillow of a white couch against her face, and the fur of a black fuzzy blanket tickled her neck and arms. Her head was pounding, the result of her drinking the night before, drinking to forget.

She mentally cursed herself for blacking out again. A thing she promised herself she wouldn't do. Yet, here she was, on a couch in an apartment that she easily recognized. Groaning, she lifted her head to see the black and white decorated living room.

"How do you like your eggs?" Eric's voice came from nowhere. He stood behind the counter that separated the living room from the small kitchenette. He already had some eggs sizzling in the pan.

Aurora raised an eyebrow, "Over easy." She grinned slightly. Bearing through her pounding headache.

"There's some water and some painkillers on the side table if you have a headache, which I'm sure you do," Eric told her as if he had read her mind.

She quickly snatched the pill bottle off of the table, shaking it until a pill fell into her hand. She grabbed the glass of water and swallowed the pill. The cool water soothing her dry throat. "Why are you so peppy?" Aurora asked after she finished her glass of water; wondering why he wasn't as hungover as she was. A dumb smile was present on her face.

"Well, I usually don't drink enough to get drunk," Eric explained, giving her a sarcastic look while walking towards the living room with two plates in his hands. Aurora moved her legs and sat up so he'd have a spot on the couch.

He sat down beside her and began eating the eggs and hash browns on his plate, "Then why were you drunk the other night?" She asked him.

Eric stiffened slightly beside her, "I regret that night."

Aurora's joking smile started to slowly fade, "You regret it?" She asked, feeling a pang of hurt in her chest.

Eric saw her face and realized what he said sounded wrong, "No, not like that. I just wish it would've happened later when we were both sober." He paused a moment, "I'm not a total dickwad."

Aurora gave a slight chuckle, shoulders relaxing as she leaned back into the couch again. "I don't regret it." She said after a moment of silence.

"You don't?" Eric asked, more like a statement than a question.

"Nope, and you didn't answer my question. Why were you drunk that night?" Aurora grabbed her plate and put her legs across Eric's lap, smiling as she took a bite of her eggs.

Eric let out a single chuckle and shook his head, "I was just trying to stop thinking."

"About?" Aurora pushed, dragging out the "out" in about.

"About you," As soon as he said that a silence befell the room. A tension filled the air, but it didn't make Aurora uncomfortable. It made her heart race.

"Yeah, about that..." Aurora said while slowly putting her legs down on the floor, fearing she might faint. "I've been meaning to ask, what are we?"

She watch as Eric sighed and set his plate down on the coffee table. He grabbed her hand, she could tell he was nervous. "I don't know, but what I do know is that I want us to be something."

-
Here's a small update for you guys. Thank you for being so patient.

There were no complications in my mom's surgery and she's recovering incredibly well.

Also, Eric always offers to cook. Like I'm pretty sure that's a thing he'd do.

Q: What's your faction? Also, do you like the new cover?

A: Mine is Amity!