Too Much Too Soon?

"I can't remember the flat being this full in ages," Jisoo laughed the next morning when the four of them sat down to have breakfast together. "Does anyone else need anymore milk? If not, I'm gonna put it back into the fridge or it's gonna go to waste."

"No, thanks," three voices replied and Chaeyoung and Lisa looked at each other with a smile.

"Ugh, you two are sickenly sweet, I can't even make fun of you properly," Jisoo muttered under her breath towards Chaeyoung. The brunette and blonde both blushed deeply, which caused the oldest female in the room to laugh. "Oh, I was wrong. It seems very easy."

"C'mon now," Jinyoung laughed and pressed a kiss to her lips, which seemed to literally take her breath away. "We gotta go now or we're gonna be late."

"Where are you going?" Chaeyoung asked and felt Lisa's knee bump into her. She suppressed the grin from her face and looked at the blonde who didn't react to the touch at all.

Jisoo put her and Jinyoung's bowl into the sink and washed her hands quickly before she replied, "we're going ice skating today. It seemed to me that it's a very romantic place with you two ending up here and stuff instead of sleeping in separate beds." She ducked when the empty cereal carton box flew into her direction.

"Alright, alright, I'm gone already. Have fun at work, and see you later today, I suppose?" She ended the sentence more like a question than a statement and pressed a kiss to Chaeyoung's left cheek before she followed Jinyoung into her bedroom where the two of them were probably getting dressed.

"Wait a second, you can be late for ice skating?" Chaeyoung said after a couple of seconds and shook her head. "I think he just wanted to have Jisoo on his own again." Shaking her head she sighed and looked at the watch above their heads. "We've got about half an hour left before I need to be at the mall and I need to shower quickly. Do you want to shower here too or would you prefer to do it in the orphanage?"

Lisa shrugged and got up to put her bowl in the sink as well. "If you don't mind I'd like to shower at home, but take your time. I'll be in your room and get my stuff."

Chaeyoung nodded her head, confused at Lisa's distant reply. "Everything alright?"

The blonde nodded her head and smiled, but it didn't quite reach her eyes and looked a bit forced – Chaeyoung wondered if they knew each other long enough so it was justified that she noticed the difference. "See you in a few."

She hurried to take a shower because for some reason it felt strangely uncomfortable to be physically away from Lisa. She had no idea what was suddenly wrong and what she'd done to upset her, so the urge to finish the shower was even bigger.

When Chaeyoung was fully dressed and walked back into her bedroom, Lisa had already done her makeup and wore the same clothes as yesterday, Chaeyoung's clothes folded on the bed. "You didn't have to do that," Chaeyoung murmured with a sheepish smile and looked at Lisa, who still seemed a bit distant. "Do you still want to come to the mall with me or do you want me to drop you off at your home?"

Lisa shrugged without really looking at Chaeyoung and it really bugged her – what on earth had Chaeyoung done wrong? Just a few minutes ago they had been chatting comfortably, they had woken up nicely with each other in their arms and feeling warm and cosy. They didn't talk and it didn't feel uncomfortable or forced and now this?

"What did I do wrong? Why are you mad at me?"

"I'm not mad," Lisa muttered and scratched the back of her neck. "It's just... ugh, it's stupid, forget it."

Chaeyoung pouted and walked closer to Lisa until she stood right in front of her. She grabbed her hands and entwined their fingers, feeling a spark running through her body. "If it upsets you it's not stupid... please tell me?"