Pizza For Breakfast

"Good morning, Darling." Camila yawns as she slowly stumbles into the living room. A huge smile spreads across my face as she drops herself into the chair beside the sofa before her eyes widen at the realisation of what I'm doing.

"No, no, no. You don't have to do that!" She blurts, quickly making a move to stand up and stop me from tidying the mess from last night. I stop her on my way to the trash can in the kitchen by planting my free hand on her knee and giving her a quick kiss.

"It's the least I can do for you letting me stay here last night," I reply.

She chases my lips for another kiss, humming into it, before I head into the kitchen and throw the rest of the garbage away.

"Do you have to go home today?" She asks dejectedly.

"Yeah." I nod, "I need to get washed and changed and whatnot."

"You can use my shower?" She offers like a question as I come to kneel before her so we're closer to eye level.

"I still don't have any fresh clothes," I explain softly.

"Use some of mine. I might have some that'll fit you." She almost instantly admonishes.

"Okay." I smile, "You just can't get enough of me, can you?"

She hums, cracking a broad, toothy grin and answering, "The good thing is it goes both ways."

I smirk and press a kiss to her forehead but she captures my face and pulls me down to her lips. This kiss is longer than the rest and a tad more passionate.

"Did you sleep well?" She asks between kisses.

"Not really," I answer, and she stops pressing her lips against mine to talk.

"Was it the mattress?"

"No, just stress, I think." I shake my head, not seeing where she's going with this. A minuscule smirk grows on her lips.

"Oh. Well, that's a shame. If it were the mattress, I'd have to offer to share the only other one in this two-bedroom house should you stay tonight. Which you should, because I don't want you to leave yet."

"Oh, well in that case-" I raise a hand to my back and pretend to stretch it out, holding a false look of discomfort on my face, "That mattress was really bad for my back. Ow- I think I might need to sleep somewhere else should I stay tonight. Which I will, because I don't want to leave yet either."

She laughs a loud, genuine laugh and stands to wrap her arms around my waist, still laughing as she rests her head on my shoulder.

I automatically start rubbing up and down her back.

"Should I make breakfast?" I offer, but she shakes her head and takes my hand, leading me back to the breakfast bar where I can watch her move about in the kitchen. Instead of making a fresh breakfast, though, she pulls a pizza box from the fridge and opens it, revealing half a Hawaiian pizza.

"Good?" She asks, and I nod.

"You're so good at adulting." I tease, making her raise her brow at me while she puts the pizza in the microwave to heat it up.

"Hey! I'm 23. I should be in college." She points out, which raises a question in my mind.

"Don't teachers have to go to college? Did you not?" I frown, trying to figure it out.

"Yeah, I graduated high school early." She explains, "Funny how I've ended up going back to one."

"Ah." I nod in understanding. There's so much about this woman I just don't know, maybe because I just haven't asked.

"Thanks, babe." I grin, pecking her on the lips as she hands me a plate of pizza.

"Babe?" She questions teasingly.

"Yeah. You call me baby, and darling apparently. So I'm gonna call you babe until I can think of a better nickname."

She laughs again, quieter this time. The sound fills the house with life, a happier atmosphere than when I was cleaning up, when it was just me and my thoughts. I realise I wouldn't mind having more of these perfect mornings with this perfect person.

Hey guys! So I'm leaving to go on holiday/vacation tomorrow (10th August) and I'll be there for a week. We won't have great internet so I might not be able to update my stories, but I'll still be writing in my free time so hopefully, I'll be able to update them all as soon as I get back!

I hope you enjoyed this cute - in my opinion - chapter!