6.1

'i was wrong, i admit - numb from your kiss, while you were slipping through my fingertips.'

(everything i didn't say - 5 seconds of summer)

-

A.

I waited far longer than I should have for Harry to come back to the apartment. I sat on that window sill for what felt like days, but surely couldn't have even been hours. But Harry didn't come back - I was even planning to drag his suitcase to the front door in case he were to come running through it last minute.

I knew I'd screwed up - badly. I knew I should've told him about Mason from the moment I'd found out, even if it wasn't confirmed - but what I couldn't deal with was silence. Just a simple text would do, and although I knew he was angry, and I knew he was upset - I just wanted to know he was okay.

"Would it be stupid of me to stay here?" I asked Liam as I leant back against the wall in the cramped hallway, as Liam took long strides towards me and pressed his back to the wall opposite me.

"Yes, it would," Liam sighed, shooting me a sympathetic look, "I wish I knew what to say to you, Ana."

"I really fucked up," I muttered, chewing on my lip, "have you heard from him at all?"

Liam's eyes shifted from me to the floor, as he pressed his lips into a fine line and dragged his foot over the tattered carpet. I frowned.

"You've heard from him.." I trailed off, furrowing my eyebrows, "what did he say?"

"He was replying to a text I'd sent him," Liam leant further back into the wall, "said to leave him alone, and he's not coming back to Seattle with us today."

My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach, "He's not? Why?"

Liam shook his head, blowing out a deep exhale, "He's just being typical Harry, Ana. There's nothing to be done about it."

I scoffed half-heartedly, "So he's just cutting me off for a few days until he feels like it? I know I lied, but to just pop back when he feels like it can't be healthy for any of us.."

"I doubt it's because he's angry at you, Ana. He's upset, sure - but he's more wrapped in his own head than most of us are, y'know. Harry needs his time to think, do some of that dramatic writing of his.. he'll be back for graduation, I'm sure," Liam assured me, and I shook my head.

"Whatever," I muttered, unsure of what else I could even say to Liam. He was more Harry's friend than mine, and so I didn't blame him for being careful about what he said. He had known Harry far longer than I had, and was slightly more used to Harry's ways than I was, even after being with him for so long. 

A knock sounded at the front door, and I practically raced towards it, swinging it open with such haste I'd yet to even catch my breath. Reality settled in as it revealed who was truly behind the door. Harry would have a key, you idiot.

"Hey, Celia," I smiled weakly, as I came face to face with her - her arms thrown around me to catch me by surprise in an engulfment.

"Ana, how are you?" Why does everyone ask me that? I stepped aside to let the three of them inside.

"I'm okay, don't worry about me. Did you get down to the courthouse this morning?" I changed the subject, sending a smile at Ben behind her and a small wave in Livi's direction. 

"Yeah, we did," Celia beamed at me, sending another smile in Ben's direction which he easily returned, "We're officially married!"

"That's incredible," I smiled, "congratulations."