Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

3. Meeting the devils

Violet

I had no idea how long I was crying for. From the clear window glass, I could see the long shadows of evening dissolving into the gathering darkness of the night.

I can't just sit like that and let them keep me there against my will.

Getting up, I opened the door on one side of my room which I supposed was the bathroom. The bathroom was bigger than my whole apartment, with gleaming granite counter-tops, framed mirrors, a large jacuzzi tub and a walk-in shower.

Stripping off my clothes, I assessed my reflection in the mirror. There were multiple bruises and grip marks on my jaw and neck. There was a cut above my left eye; the blood had already dried and my abdomen felt like my guts were on fire.

In between the fresh bruises, an old, pale one stood out the most. My hand automatically went there as I recalled the events of that night. A sob left my mouth when I ran my finger along its jagged margins.

"Ahhhh.. please... It's hurting," I cried out when his hand tightened around my jaw.

"I won't hurt you sweetheart. Don't worry," he whispered and leaned towards me.

Pulling out the small knife I was hiding behind me, I lunged towards his stomach with unsteady hands. He yelped in pain when the knife touched his skin superficially and clutched his stomach with both hands. Taking advantage, I ran towards the door but before I could open it, he caught me and the same knife landed right on the side of my stomach and I bawled in pain.

I clenched my eyes tightly to delete the image from my memory.

Stepping into the shower, I let the warm water calm my nerves. I winced in pain when the water trickled down the cut.

I remained there for a few minutes and then came out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around my body. That guy I met earlier had sent jeans and a full-sleeved top for me.

After changing into it, I pulled my hair in a loose bun over my head and stepped out of the room. There was a stairway which led me to the living room.

The living room was huge with walls covered with mahogany tiles. A square table was placed in the middle of the room with a brown sectional sofa surrounding it. Three men were sitting on the sofa, their backs towards me.

"You can come in." One of them said and a chill passed through me. With small steps, I walked towards them. The same guy asked me to sit down and I did as he said. He had silky black hair that reached his neck. Unlike the man with green eye, he looked younger and kinder.

"Ease up. We don't bite," he said, chuckling.

"Well, some of us do," the other man said. He looked slightly older than the one with black hair but he was handsome nonetheless. He had greenish-blue eyes and short brown hair. Plus, the smirk on his face made him appear less dangerous and more playful.

"Don't scare her Caleb," the one with black hair said and smiled at me. "I'm Daniel. And you are?"

"V... V... Violet," I managed to say despite the lump forming in my throat.

"Ok V... V... Violet, how old are you?" the guy named Caleb asked and I flushed in embarrassment.

"20," I said in a low voice.

"Wow, you are a child," Daniel said, chuckling at me although he himself looked like he was in his early twenties.

"I am not a child," I said loudly and then slapped my hand on my mouth. How stupid of me to misbehave with a gangster!