44. Trapped

[Edited]

"Where do you think you're going?"

I could hear his mother's voice call out as I chased after Jungkook, but she made no attempt to stop me.

As his mother was expecting, I didn't make it very far.

A strong force knocked me to the floor as I rounded the corner to enter the banquet room. Groaning in pain I looked up to have the blood quickly drain from my face.

Both Jungkook and Ji-eun stood before me, arms locked behind their backs by two burley men in all black laced with tattoos, their dirty large hands covering their screams. 

Jungkook stared down at me with wide furious eyes. Fear prickled at my finger tips and shot up my arms in a cold burst as I realized they were being held captive.

I was hoisted roughly from the ground by the guy I had collided with, his hand instantly clamping over my mouth to muffle my terrified scream. Jungkook lashed against the mans strength as he could only watch, finger nails cutting into my cheeks as I tried to tear myself away from my capturer. I shook back and forth and screamed at the top of my lungs to the closed doors of the banquet room but the music was too loud inside for my cries to be heard out in the vacant hall.

The man turned my face towards him, baseball cap shading his eyes, mask covering his mouth and nose to keep his identity safe.

"You're feisty, I like that," his husky voice grumbled out and I shivered at the eerie tone it carried. "Keep fighting me and see what happens, Babygirl."

I froze at his words as dread maneuvered its way down my body. These men were definitely bad news, who knows what they're capable of, where their morals lie.

I could hear Jungkook's stifled shouts, struggling to use all his might against the much bigger man to try and break free to rescue me. I did my best to shake my head with the grotesque males firm grip holding my face, orbs pleading for Jungkook to stop. 

Slowly he relaxed in defeat, tears falling down his face as he realized he couldn't save me. My own teary eyes glanced between him and his sister who was stunned and unmoving, almost faint as the guy held up most of her weight against him.

"You really thought I wouldn't be prepared?" his mother finally caught up to the situation, clearly she knew Jungkook wouldn't accept her betrayal easily. 

She let Jungkook run because she knew what would be waiting for him at the end of the hall. She knew he would still try to resign so she made sure to plan ahead to insure it would never happen. 

Jungkook's scalding glare held his mothers calm eyes, a small smile on her lips as she saw how her plan easily worked. 

She tsked lightly as she waltzed up to the three of us with her hands clasped behind her back. "I can't allow you to ruin the generations of hard work this family has put into this company," her squinted eyes glanced between us, face twisting up into a deadly sneer as she landed on my form.