Icy Breakfast

Judith dreamt of snowflakes swirling gently around a fireplace. Melting when they got too close. Her dream was pleasant and for once in her life she felt comfortable with herself. Like she didn't have to live in fear of her powers.

That is, until she woke up.

All of the weight of her responsibility as this bearer of elemental powers fell down on her as she woke up. It was slightly overwhelming to know that she had to train that day.

It was kind of strange in a way. How quickly her life shifted from boring and uneventful to magical and weird. Judith yawned and stretched. Seeing that she was still in the amazing castle of ice.

She sighed and walked over to a drawer and pulled out a long sleeved shirt with jeans and gloves. She quickly dressed herself and brushed her hair and teeth. Ready to start training. Before she exited her room, she caught a glance at herself in the frosted mirror to the side of her. She looked weary, but determined. It gave her a sense of readiness.

Taking a deep breath she grasped the door handle and walked out of her solitary room. She peered down the expansive hallway. Looking up and seeing three massive crystalline chandeliers dotting the hall's ceiling. She walked quietly hearing her flats click against the icy floors. She heard whispering and noticed that Snow Miser's minions were talking to themselves.

Judith stared curiously at them as she passed. They stopped talking at once and bowed respectfully before her. Judith blushed.

"Please, you don't have to bow. You're just as important as me." She said with a smile. The minions smiled back at her and stood up. They scattered to Snow Miser's throne. Where they took their places by their master.

"You're quite kind to them. It's really nice of you." Snow Miser smiled at Judith.

Judith looked away shyly and asked him if he wanted to start training.

"Oh! How about we eat first! My minions can make some delicious pancakes for us." Snow miser snapped his gloved fingers and they ran off to make breakfast.

"O-oh, ok." Judith agreed. Snow Miser waved his hand and a similar icy throne appeared beside him.

"Here, have a seat sugar plum. I'd hate for you to be uncomfortable." He patted the seat of the throne.

Judith hesitated before she sat down on the snowy chair. She overlooked the throne room and felt very powerful. In that moment, she felt as if she belonged.

"Sooo, why did you decide to train with me first? I'm awfully curious." Snow Miser turned and crossed his legs to face you. His face in his hand.

"Well, the most unfamiliar power to me was frost. I spent most of my life with my fire power. I just figured it would be hardest for me to control."

"So you've pretty much mastered fire then? So you don't have to train with the flaming fool then." Snow Miser said happily.

"What? You mean your brother Heat Miser? I'm sure I need some more practice at it. Plus I think it would be fun to meet him." Judith looked into Snow Miser's eyes. She noticed that he looked a little upset at that.

"Hmm, look! Here's breakfast." Snow miser clapped his hands together and created a small dining table for the two of you.

"How did they cook this? If you needed heat to cook the pancakes..."

"Er, they're frozen solid." Snow Miser said embarrassed. Judith told him that it was alright.

"Ill just use my fire magic." She said assuredly. She heated up her hands and picked up a pancake. Pretty soon it was nice and warm. Fully cooked and ready to be eaten.

"Well, what'dya know. You're a regular MacGyver." Snow miser chuckled and began to eat his chilly breakfast. Judith finished hers rather fast. She ate incredibly speedy.

"Sorry if that's kinda distracting." She said as she devoured her last pancake. Snow Miser looked stunned.

"That's amazing... You're full of surprises Judith." Judith smiled at him.

"You can call me Jude if you'd like. All of my friends do." Snow Miser blushed a deep blue. Jude noticed his hair melting slightly.

"I wonder how much I could get him to melt? Is that sadistic? Probably." Jude wondered to herself.

"Kissing you would probably cause you to melt into a puddle huh?" Jude said jokingly. Snow Miser stopped eating and dropped his fork.

"W-what? K-k-kissing?" He definitely began to melt at that. His face was now covered in a strange ethereal blush. Jude giggled.

"I'm just kidding Snow Miser." She said through laughs. Snow miser laughed nervously in return.

"A-are you ready to train?" He said as he cleared the dining table away with a wave of his hand.

"Um sure." Jude said nervously. Ready to make a fool of herself.

If you enjoyed this chapter please leave a vote and comment!