A Simple Procedure

"... you are officially blind."

Izuku paused, unable to understand such a simple statement.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't think I understand." He said reluctantly. Feeling pure denial at a situation he couldn't mentally handle.

"The tissues in your eyes are dead, your eyes are dead Izuku." The doctor stated, with a blunt tone, as if to cut off any hope Izuku had been holding on to. He quickly shut down, unable to even utter a noise. Sure he's dealt with broken bones, but this was permanent. Living a life without the ability to see, not knowing how to walk home, not learning to drive or cook, and worst of all, being unable to keep his place in the hero course of U.A.. All he wanted was to be a hero, but that all went down the drain along with his normal life.

Scared to even move, for fear of breaking, Izuku tried his best to cry, and after a couple of harrowing minutes, he learned he couldn't. While this was happening the doctor studied the expressions of the two, hoping to pull some experience from the situation in an attempt to deliver the bad news better next time around. Hoping that they would be listening, she spoke up with a slight crack in her voice.

"There's a procedure we can do..." Izuku looked up, in a daze of hopefulness for the idea of getting his newly lost sight back into his possession.

"... It won't get your sight back, I'm sorry, but it can help you function as though you have sight." Inko and Izuku leaned in thoughtfully, though put down by the 'Still Blind' aspect.

"It's a new project we've started. You'd be the first one to have it, and it's completely free. In fact, we'll most likely pay you to do it. It serves beneficial for you and us, since we need a test subject-

"A test subject! My son isn't some- some lab rat for your ex-" Izuku cut her off by shushing loudly.

"P-please continue doctor." He said quietly. Izuku guessed that his mother was giving him a look of protest, but he wrote it off.

"Yes, well... It's A.I., Artificial Intelligence. It'd be implanted directly into your brain, with an off switch placed on your skin in a reachable area. It can tell you where things are, or you can set it to move you out of the way automatically."

"Wait- like it could control me?" Izuku said, a slight drop of wonder clouded in his thoughts.

"There's no way I'll allow this operation to go through! I want to know that it's safe..."

"Mom! Please let the woman finish!"

"..... Not exactly, it just serves to guide you." The doctor paused in silent thought before her shoes clacked against the floor after getting up from Izuku's bed.

"Excuse me Mrs. Midoriya, but do you think you could excuse us for a bit, I just need to ask him some, personal questions." He heard shuffling, then the sound of a chair scooting out.

"Sure, just don't be too long, I'll be getting some snacks from the vending machine down the hall." Inko said as she opened then shut the door lightly, as if trying not to wake a sleeping child. Izuku understood, even though he'd only been blind for at most ten minutes, any small noises startled him, since he didn't know their origin. The doctor walked back around his bed and took a seat in the same place she was before.

"I'm going to be honest with you, the implant that we could give you, it won't just guide you." She said quickly, as if nervous and prying ears could soak up the conversation.

"I'm not supposed to say, but it has multiple settings, most of which, can keep you in the hero business, but I won't go into detail what about they are." Izuku sucked in a breath quietly.