Chapter 6

In the picture, Zoe is the one wearing the navy blue dress while Bay is wearing the white blouse with the gold belt around her waistline and black pants

I step outside the town car and a big restaurant is faced in front of me. There is a huge gold and black awning and underneath it says 'Golden Walk'.

What type of restaurant is named-

"C'mon lets go. It's 6:58 and you know how mom is about punctuality." Zoe says and strides into the restaurant and i follow behind her. The restaurant is completely empty, except for one table that looks like it has about 15 people and among them is my mother. There are 2 empty seats next to her, so from the looks of it, we are the last ones. We walk over to the table and mother spots us and a gracious smile comes to her face and she stands up.

"Smile" Zoe whispers to me.

Men from the table look back at us wondering who my mom is looking at. We walk up to our mom and she embraces us and tells us where to sit. Once we take our seats, our mother says, "Everyone these are my two daughters: Zoe and Bay." Everyone's eyes are on us and for the occasion, Zoe and I give polite smiles to everyone and we greet them cordially as well. I look around the table and my eyes stop on 2 people who are sitting 2 seats down across from me: Issac Evans and Armani Clarke.

They just keep popping up like ants.

My chocolate brown eyes meet Issac's calm stormy eyes and a smile comes to his face. His hair is swept back neatly and he has on a suit with a maroon colored tie. Armani next to him has a full blown maroon suit with a black tie.

He mouths 'You look beautiful'

I mouth back to him, 'You don't'

He quietly chuckles and shoots me a smile before shaking his head and talking to Armani who is sending glances to Zoe and I. I look back over to Zoe and she is looking at me with wide eyes.

"Did- did you just-" she gestures to me and Issac. I shrug my shoulders and my eyes train on the waiters walking over to us with plates of food.

"This is the main appetizer. It's a beef tenderloin crostini. It has whipped goat cheese and pesto on it. Salads are coming as well." A guy with a rich Italian accent says. The plate is placed in front of me and one thing is running through my mind.

What the absolute fuck is goat cheese?

I didn't even know I was making a face until Zoe kicked me underneath the table. I hiss in pain and shoot her a glare and a smug grin is placed on her face. She gestures her head in a direction and I look over to see Issac looking at me with humor filled eyes.

'Yum' he mouths. I shoot him one last glare before I return and look down at my food.

Godspeed

I look around the table to see everyone using a knife and fork to cut into the tenderloin so I do the same. A million bursts of flavor explode in my mouth when I take a bite of the tenderloin and my eyebrows scrunch together as I try to figure out the taste.