46. Threat or Promise?

[Edited]

(1 year later)

"Okay, everything is all set... I think."

I dusted my hands clean after straightening out the napkin beside the plate of pasta that I learned to make from scratch just for tonight. 

I checked the time and rushed over to the laptop to delete all of my how-to cooking history before fixing around my hair in the mirror of our apartment. 

Everything needed to be perfect.

"He said he had a class today until five, and it's almost six-thirty... " I pouted and slumped on the couch, pulling my phone out to call my best friend. 

It rang twice before a loud groan sounded through the speaker.

"Okay you need to stop calling me!" I pulled the phone away from my ear briefly as Jin shouted. "You did the same thing for your six months! Aish, this woman. Why are you such a perfectionist?"

"Anniversaries are special, okay? Don't be pissy because you never celebrate anything with-- "

"That's because we both came to a mutual agreement that celebrating stuff like that is stupid!"

"Sounds boring to me," I grumbled and I could hear his heavy sigh through the phone.

"Whatever. Do you have dinner ready?"

"Check. It might be cold by the time he gets home though. He's late... again." 

"You how he is, y/n. Jungkook loves those kids like they were his own considering you won't give him any." My mouth dropped at his rude judgmental comment. 

"We're waiting for the right time, geez! I mean we've barely been in this apartment a little over a year since... " There was a silent pause of understanding before Jin spoke.

"He probably stayed longer to help them with their scales again," I huffed, knowing that Jin was probably right. 

Jungkook found a job teaching private music lessons to kids; it was something he was passionate for since he was a small child himself.

'Whatever makes him happy, makes me happy.' I smiled softly.

"What about music?"

I picked up and pressed a button on the remote and soft tunes flowed through the living room.

"Check."

"Banana milk and lube?" My eyes popped wide as a blush formed on my cheeks and down my neck.

"Okay, never put those two things in the same sentence ever again!" Jin laughed and I smiled, rolling my eyes.

"Don't act like Jungkook hasn't made you try it before."