[5.2] sweet symphonies from scorn sets of lips

"what's beautiful about her,
is she doesn't have a crown on her head,
but you can tell she's a queen;
by the divinity in her soul."
- billy chapata, she's divine.

FLASHBACK, YOUR POV:

TODAY is my 15th birthday, only a few years until my womanhood will bloom like spring; but enough years to appreciate what little adolescence I have left, and I couldn't spend it better if I tried, exploring with the best friend who has unlocked so many adventures with me already;
Today we go climbing, every year we go to the same place, but every year we manage to travel 1 mile further out; just to add to the adventure.
So this year, we'll make it 5 miles north of Small Heath, where the air is rich with foliage.

"OI!" I hear screamed from in front of me, as I look up, I see the floppy hair of one TomTom Shelby; which is what I called him years ago. My eyes meet his as he smiles wide & chuckles.
"We goin to this tree or not? We've only got another half mile north east!" He shouts through a smile, I shake my head and jog towards him, as I grow closer, I sarcastically retort;
"Bloody hell, Tom; you could be a bloomin' compass!" The air filled with those joyous laughs my heart swelled at with every sound.
After him nudging my petite shoulders, and ruffles my disheveled hair; we continue on our journey side-by-side.
That was when we saw it.

The perfect tree we'd spent 3 birthdays each searching for, the tree with many twists and turns, branches coming off of various other branches, leaves sprouting out of every vicinity of the wood.
"This is it! Tommy do you see it!" The words spill from my mouth with the purest form of excitement,
"Of course I do, I'm right fuckin' next to ya!" His devilish smile reaching his cheeks, making the dimples hug the sides of his lips.

And that's when we start climbing, start the journey bottom to top, me in front of him, as in his words "I'll catch you before you fall on your arse."
As I find myself on the top of the tree, only 7 foot away from the dusty soil, I see Tommy barely made it 2 foot off the ground,
"Looks like I beat ya, Shelby!" My cocky nature seeping through every syllable.
He shakes his head, smile accompanying him, and looks downward; revelling in his defeat.
I start to victory dance, moving my arms upward to rub it in his face more when I hear a creak, I stop but all too late as I come travelling down the tree so fast, sharpish screams leavin my lips, but before I can hit the ground I feel arms around my waist and hands placed on my bum.
Oh my God.

My eyes are still closed, afraid to open them as I feel the heat from my cheeks start to boil, feeling like an overflowing saucepan of spaghetti.
"Ay you alright, Cherry Cheeks?" As he laughs and laughs, his sniggers filling the white noise.
"Oh shut up Shelby" my embarrassment met his ears, giving him the upper hand (as usual).

"That's a great name, Cherry; you're not gonna live it down; Cherry has a nice ring to it ay?" He looks down at me, still holding my bum and waist as I meet his eyes and swiftly vacate his hold.

And for the next 3 years, Tommy, Arthur and ALL of the Shelby's refused to call me anything else.

PRESENT TIME, YOUR POV:

As I sat at the bar of the glorious Garrison, double shot of whiskey in my hand, I look at Tommy remembering all the times we created memories that engraved themselves in my heart, the way his eyes of ice became melted in my presence and his heart of gold becoming more pure & valuable in the passing years.

"AY CHERRY CHEEKS!" I hear screamed across the ever-growing drunken noise, my eyes focus once more as I find myself staring at him, I flash a smile and tilt my head left;
"We're dancin' and I need my partner to help me show up these mugs-" with a pause, he offers an extended arm, and open hand, eyes filled with longing, "-just like old times, you in?" The smile on my face so wide it hurts, as I nod gracefully,
"Why Mr Shelby, OBE, it would be of great honour" as I step down and curtsy, the affect of 7 double whiskey's sinking in my blood as I accept the hand and dance with no grace in the world, only joy.

The rest of the night became full of laughter, jubilation and Tommy.

After hours of dancing and drinking, we call it a night as he proceeds to walk me home,
Where we spoke about life, love and everything in between, because that's what me and my Tommy do.
As the front door became closer in view, I twist and meet his eyes with mine, staring for a few moments,
"What a night Ay?" His hoarse voice splits the silence in two, as I nod,
"Doesn't have to end, got a bottle upstairs if you wanna come in?" The innocence in the statement shining through, expecting nothing more than getting drunker than anyone before us, and speaking about God knows what until we hear the birds sing.
"You know what, might 'ave to take you up on that offer" the cheeky Shelby smile making my knees weak every time with the eyes glistening like stars shining down upon my face.

I unlock the door and hold it open for him, and as he walks through, I push my weak limbs to battle it closed, finally winning.
We sat in the living room, a glass each full with the brown liquid that has plagued my blood far too much already tonight.

"You're different" I slur with a smile reaching every part of my face, eyes still fixated on the glass, swishing around the sour liquid.
"Ay?" I hear, inquisitive nature taking over,
"You, Thomas Shelby, have changed" my eyes now facing him, small smile half upon my face.

"Yeah, hows that then?" His back leant as far as the old oak chair would allow;

"You're still the same boy who helped me when I fell from that tree, and the same boy who brought me flowers wen I cried about not having anyone to share Valentine's Day with, but you're cold, you have a soul that could melt glaciers but a heart that could freeze them all over again." I sit straighter in my chair, eyes never leaving his, afraid if I do, he'd disappear before I finish.
"You 'ave the power of the ocean behind your eyes, but the power of a roaring fire between your lips, half the time I don't know if I'm on fire or I'm bloody drowning." Scoffs leave my lips, starting to comprehend what I'm saying but also so blissfully unable to stop.
"Awfully poetic, don't you think?" His smile growing with every words that spills from his lips.

"That you are Tommy, you're a symphony" my cheesy remark making his eyes stern, and stare at me,
"You wanna fuck, is that it?" His words cut through me like a blade through my chest,
"No, I want to love, Tommy; Love is all I want"

My head fuzzier every passing minute, but even my eyes could see him move closer to me, closing the gap like a a skippin stone to the water;
"You taking the piss, someone told you something?" His eyes never left the floor, as his lips made a line harsher than any pencil. And I saw something that never accompanied Tommy.
Vulnerability.

"I've loved you for years Tommy, it's just now I'm drunk enough to tell you" The laugh spilled from my lips like the slurs did prior;
with that I saw his hardened face melt into that of the child who handed me lilies, and the young boy who became a companion and a saviour all wrapped into one; his icy heart melted with his soul, as his lips reached mine, and all I could see were explosions of grey and blue, vibrant behind my eyelids, as our mouths made sweet music with one another; we may become a melancholic playwright orchestra's would bawl performing;

But for right now, all we could feel was decades of love, crashing into one moment, and that's all I've waited for.

i'm having extreme writers block I'm so so sorry !!!!
I'm thinking about making a part 3 when my hands want to work with my head, comment vote what you think, I appreciate all feedback;
good and bad xxx